Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I would like to get some more information on how to set up the routers to allow all the discovery services to work better. I find it just easier to check use VPN and stick the ip of processor in there. That never fails always allows the connection. with out that checked I seem to have connection problems on many projects. Do you ever experience similar issues?
    Humorously, previously we encountered this only on as wifi noted above, but today we encountered this even over a wired connection. As you note, turning on the VPN feature is the solution. As with wifi, they said it was related to multi-cast traffic, though it did not appear to be being filtered.

Can someone from Lutron please comment on why partial transfers don't seem to be making any difference in upload speed? Why do I see the software going through the same huge transfers when all I want to do is make one single change? In other words, at least on the surface, I see no indication that version 6 is only doing partial transfers, it looks like it's doing full transfers like it always has, even with "force full transfer" unchecked.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    In order to best help determine the cause for the long transfer times, could you please create a support file while connected to the system and going to "Help->Support->Create Support File" and send it to hwsupport@lutron.com so we can have our engineering team review the logs? Thank you.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by David Haddad View Post
    Whenever we perform uploads we've found it's necessary to press every keypads shade buttons (3) times after an upload, to get the shades to respond. Can anyone from Lutron tell me if 6.0.1 allowing partial uploads is going to eliminate the need to do that?

Thanks
    David, this issue should be resolved in 6.0.0/6.0.1, however it may take a couple minutes for the processor to get all the shade levels and update it's state accordingly after a transfer. Let us know if you are still seeing issues even if you give the system a couple minutes to sync up.

Quote Originally Posted by David Haddad View Post
    Can someone from Lutron please comment on why partial transfers don't seem to be making any difference in upload speed? Why do I see the software going through the same huge transfers when all I want to do is make one single change? In other words, at least on the surface, I see no indication that version 6 is only doing partial transfers, it looks like it's doing full transfers like it always has, even with "force full transfer" unchecked.
    There is no indication to the user that the system is doing the partial transfers, they should be happening without any intervention from you. If you are saying all transfers are taking equally as long, there are a couple things which can cause you to have to do a full transfer even if you aren't explicitly changing something. For example, any lights controlled as a part of security mode must be re-transferred every time even if you don't make any changes to security mode. As Armando mentioned, if you send in the support file from the site we can take a look at what is getting re-transferred and try to guide you in some steps to reduce the transfer time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12