Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 10.4 Is available for Download!!!

10.4 Is available for Download!!!

Yeah!!! I can't wait to update my system for Sonos control!

Only one problem, I can't find the audio pico or figure out how to program and Sonos integration...

It looks like we need to wait for a Lutron Connect app update for this to work? I updated RR2 to 10.4 but don't see the option to add speaker programming to any buttons in the Lutron Connect app...

Lutron Connect 2.0 app is out, with Sonos support... All the pieces should be in place now, will have to experiment tonight when I get home.

Anyone have a chance to test this?

Wondering if I should add Sonos to my RA2 Home system now.....Would love to hear how this is working from someone before dropping a chunk of change on these speakers.

Thank you in advance!

RA@-Designer-Gal- there was someone posting in third party, but his gear was all very old.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

7. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Likes RA2-Designer-Gal liked this post
    The Sonos integration is seamless the only issue currently with the Sonos Connect units set to have a fixed volume. I am having other issues though with iOS 10, and version 10.4, relating to Geofencing and also with the Nest integration. Hoping 10.5 and 2.1 will fix.

9. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Likes RA2-Designer-Gal liked this post
    The other Sonos issue that i'm seeing is that if you have grouped multiple zones together (in Sonos) and you attempt to change the volume with a Pico, RA2 will only attempt to change the volume in the zone you've linked it to (in the iOS app) and not the group volume. The play/pause correctly send the action to the entire group and not just the respective zone (so it isn't really consistent). An option to set the volume (in the iOS app) for the entire group would be useful.

For instance, let's say i've grouped my dining room and kitchen speakers and push the play/pause button on a programmed pico (set to the kitchen in the RA2 iOS app), then the dining room and kitchen group both begin to play. However, if I try to turn the volume down/up, then only the volume in the kitchen will be controllable. It would be more useful (in my opinion) to be able to control the volume of the group and not just respective zone.

If there is an option to do this, I apologize, I just can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecho View Post
    The other Sonos issue that i'm seeing is that if you have grouped multiple zones together (in Sonos) and you attempt to change the volume with a Pico, RA2 will only attempt to change the volume in the zone you've linked it to (in the iOS app) and not the group volume. The play/pause correctly send the action to the entire group and not just the respective zone (so it isn't really consistent). An option to set the volume (in the iOS app) for the entire group would be useful.

For instance, let's say i've grouped my dining room and kitchen speakers and push the play/pause button on a programmed pico (set to the kitchen in the RA2 iOS app), then the dining room and kitchen group both begin to play. However, if I try to turn the volume down/up, then only the volume in the kitchen will be controllable. It would be more useful (in my opinion) to be able to control the volume of the group and not just respective zone.

If there is an option to do this, I apologize, I just can't find it.
    I wondered about this too so I called Sonos. They blamed Lutron for this however I checked my harmony remote which is also integrated with Sonos and it can only control the volume of the first zone. It doesn't control the volume of any grouped Zones. I am willing to bet this is how Sonos likes it and isn't inclined to change anytime soon but I could not find any documentation from Sonos.

It looks like this is definitely on Lutron's end. The Sonos Forum Said
    "There is no technical restriction for this, there is even a "GroupVolume" control exposed by the API but the official controllers doesn't utilize it, they control the players individually and the distribution of volume when adjusting a group is done by the controller.

The GroupVolume feature can act a bit wonky at times, but would work OK so I find it strange that Lutron isn't using it. However, wall mounted controls should probably only affect the player within the same room, that would make more sense to me."
    https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced-setups-229000/lutron-control-group-volume-6739808

What is odd is the FAQ here seems to contradict itself.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/Lutron_Sonos_App_Note.pdf
    "Volume Up/Down – increase or decrease the volume of an individual Sonos Room using raise and lower buttons on compatible keypads"

Further down the guide it says:
    "Raise and lower buttons can be programmed to control volume for a Sonos Room. If the Room is group at the time of volume control, the group will have its volume raised or lowered. Using a raise and lower for volume control is possible on all of the compatible RadioRA 2 keypad styles listed in section 5.2."

Maybe I am missing a toggle between Main zone and Group volume...
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.