Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Reliable BR40 for Caseta

Reliable BR40 for Caseta

Looking through the current list of compatible BR40 lamps and I am not having much success in finding a compatible BR40 bulb. It seems most of the ones listed as compatible are no longer available? Can anyone suggest a 65-85 W equivalent BR40 bulb 2700K that you have had good success with. Will be using 6 bulbs total on the switch.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    Looking through the current list of compatible BR40 lamps and I am not having much success in finding a compatible BR40 bulb. It seems most of the ones listed as compatible are no longer available? Can anyone suggest a 65-85 W equivalent BR40 bulb 2700K that you have had good success with. Will be using 6 bulbs total on the switch.
    Check out our new LED compatibility tool at http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/LE...atibility.aspx. Once you're there select the option to "find an LED for my dimmer", then select the "Wireless" category, then choose the Caseta dimmer you have and check the box for "BR style" in the bulb style section on the left. You'll find several BR40 bulbs listed there that work well with Caseta dimmers and should still be available today.

No luck so far-

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Check out our new LED compatibility tool at http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/LE...atibility.aspx. Once you're there select the option to "find an LED for my dimmer", then select the "Wireless" category, then choose the Caseta dimmer you have and check the box for "BR style" in the bulb style section on the left. You'll find several BR40 bulbs listed there that work well with Caseta dimmers and should still be available today.

Tried using the new LED compatibility tool, and could not find one stock BR30 or BR40 bulb at either Lowes or Home Depot? Not very encouraging. Has anyone found a 65-90W at Lowes or HD that works?

Thanks

Replace the BR40 with the EcoSmart Downlights

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    Tried using the new LED compatibility tool, and could not find one stock BR30 or BR40 bulb at either Lowes or Home Depot? Not very encouraging. Has anyone found a 65-90W at Lowes or HD that works?

Thanks
    Decided to replace the 6 BR40 CFL with the EcoSmart DL-N14A10FR1-27 from Home Depot. They were very simple to install and cost less then the BR40. Dimmer works great with them.