Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 'Smart Away' feature feedback request

It appears Nest has changed the way they implement auto-away which is now eco Mode. I just installed the smart bridge yesterday and today when I came home after 7pm the house was not in smartaway mode. The nest however was in eco mode. Is Lutron aware of this issue and working on a fix?

Yes, it was mentioned in another thread. Lutron already has a fix that will be implemented in the next app update.

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...1551#post11551

That's great. Thanks.

Doesn’t work with different time zones

Can you make it so that it works based off of the time zone the home is in? Not the time zone the phone is in? If the time zone I’m traveling to is 12 hours off, lights will turn on and off between 6am-11am, which is useles.

Two key features mentioned for Smart Away are key features, but still haven’t yet been implemented. This forum doesn’t seem to have had any activity or input now for 6-7 years, yet key features requested still aren’t in the app. Is this forum still active?

Here are the key feature requests I have too that were mentioned above:
    1) Smart Away start time only allows a fixed start time vs variable based on Sunset. Every other Lutron schedule enables you to set it either on a fixed start/stop time, or variable based on sunset (or sunrise) +/- some amount of time offset. Why doesn’t Smart Away offer the sunset +/- capability too?
    2) Geofencing for Smart Away is based on just one (1) phone. Is should be possible to link add’l cell phones (like my wife’s) too so that Smart Away only enables when we both leave the geofenced area. Otherwise, it starts randomly switching lights on/off in the house when I leave and my wife and/or kids are home. That’s both annoying and creepy!

Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thanks for the feedback concerning Smart Away! I have forwarded it to our Caséta Product Management and Lutron app development teams for future feature consideration into the Lutron app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12