Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron Fan PD-FSQN-WH Speed Control Google Assistant

Lutron Fan PD-FSQN-WH Speed Control Google Assistant

I can control the speed for my fan through the Lutron app. But I cannot control the speed through google assistant.

This is a known issue for both the Caseta fan speed and the RadioRA2 fan speed controllers. It is not a Lutron issue, but the voice assistant. Alexa and Google assistant are not coded to handle High/Low commands for fans. Create scenes via the app for Caseta/R2S or have the programmer create a Homeowner keypad for RadioRA2. Use something similar to Fan High/Fan Medium/Fan Low/Fan Off for the scene names and allow the voice assistant access to those scenes in the settings of the appropriate app.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    This is a known issue for both the Caseta fan speed and the RadioRA2 fan speed controllers. It is not a Lutron issue, but the voice assistant. Alexa and Google assistant are not coded to handle High/Low commands for fans. Create scenes via the app for Caseta/R2S or have the programmer create a Homeowner keypad for RadioRA2. Use something similar to Fan High/Fan Medium/Fan Low/Fan Off for the scene names and allow the voice assistant access to those scenes in the settings of the appropriate app.
    I don't believe that is the case really. I hooked my Caseta lights and fans to Google assistant via HomeAssistant for a couple of reasons. 1. Speed - voice commands to homeassistant work much faster than Lutron's Google integration (unless Lutron were to action support the Local SDK...) 2. Home assistant fan support includes the ability to use slow/low, medium, and high with my Lutron switches. The only downside is when Google acknowledges the low speed it says "setting to slow". I suspect it's because HomeAssistant lists the "slow" synonym before the "low" synonym.If Lutron isn't giving proper synonyms to Google for control it won't work with low/medium/high.