Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is IFTTT coming to Radio RA2?

Just agreeing about being left behind. Strange third party botched integration is what we have here, like thermostats that can't even take an away/home event.

I agree we need IFTTT integration. I can assure you that the lack of movement here is not due to the people at IFTTT... it's entirely due to Lutron not making this a priority.

Still no Radio RA2 IFTTT integration, but even Hunter Douglas has it now for their PowerView shades. I am enjoying the Amazon Echo integration with RA2, but would be nice to be able to turn on certain lights based on IFTTT events. It shouldn't be that hard for the Lutron programmers to quickly add IFTTT.

4. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Lutron apparently is subcontracting out the work being done for cloud integration. Or at least the mis-match between market realities and implementation makes it seem that way. It smacks of being built to specs (from some time ago) and being done outside, then reviewed by management droids that don't understand real world conditions/desires, but don't want to explain why the money they spent didn't result in a market-winner. Sadly, this is not a new phenomenon, it's been repeated countless times across many industries.

It doesn't get better until someone in high up enough management gets the gumption to pull enough heads out of asses to get things back on track. Unfortunately many efforts fail long before that happens.

6. Likes schalliol liked this post

ANY movement on IFFT and RadioRA2

Man, we just built a new house and put in RadioRA2 throughout and now I'm really starting to worry about how RadioRA2 is basically becoming a dead-end product. Can anybody at Lutron give me some hope that this isn't the case?

I'd like to know as well.. Anyone from Lutron post info please?

The easiest way to get IFTTT capability is to add a Hubitat hub to the RadioRA 2 system. In fact, you may not even need IFTTT if what you are wanting to control is supported by Hubitat. Hubitat adds a lot more ways to conditionally control a RadioRA 2 system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    The easiest way to get IFTTT capability is to add a Hubitat hub to the RadioRA 2 system. In fact, you may not even need IFTTT if what you are wanting to control is supported by Hubitat. Hubitat adds a lot more ways to conditionally control a RadioRA 2 system as well.
    I wanted to use IFTTT with my Total Connect App so as to control my security panel and make scenes with my RA2 lighting, TSTATs, shades, etc.I like the total connect app for my Honeywell security panel.Any way to use the Total Connect app and Ra2? Thanks

I know nothing of Total Connect. RadioRA 2 works with Hubitat and Hubitat works with IFTTT. As long as your Total Connect works with IFTTT then it's likely you can get it to do what you want.

Looking at Total Connect web page there are several other potential integration paths. Some are DIY, some require an installer. https://www.resideo.com/us/en/smart-home-partners/

I have all of my RadioRA2 gear integrated with my home automation system, Charmed Quark/CQC. No need for cloud. Highly recommended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12