Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pico Audio - Sonos Control from Lutron keypads!

New Pico Audio - Sonos Control from Lutron keypads!

Got an email on this, here's part of the press release:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ten-Music-Home

COOPERSBURG, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The balance of light and music creates harmony and has the power to transform and transport us. Starting this month, music lovers can control their home’s sights and sounds in a simple and personalized way, as lighting control leader Lutron Electronics ushers in the future of light and music with Sonos®- endorsed integration and a new Pico Remote Control for Audio

The collaboration with Sonos, the sound platform for the connected home, gives consumers direct, one-touch control of any Sonos speaker alongside lights, shades and temperature, when used with Lutron’s Caséta Wireless, RadioRA 2, and HomeWorks QS smart home systems. Play, pause, skip tracks, and adjust volume, in exactly the same way that you control lights and shades from your nightstand or from the wall.
    “Lutron works with best-in-class brands like Sonos to enhance the user experience,” said Michael Smith, Lutron vice-president of sales. “The alignment of these two powerful brands, whose products both deliver sensory experiences, means creating a better atmosphere for every occasion – not just for family dinners, but for your everyday music enjoyment. With the Pico Remote for Audio, consumers can have quick, convenient, hard-button control of audio alongside lights and shades, helping to create the perfect mood.”
    ------

Hopefully the direct mention of all the systems in the PR means that they'll all be supported at launch in September? That's a big step in the right direction, and I hope it also means that the RA2 Connect unit "catches up" to the Caseta really, really soon?

This is timely as Sonos also announced today integration with Amazon Echo (coming early 2017). Having good keypad/remote support along with voice control is exciting...

Jeff

Looks like it requires the connect bridge, per the FAQ here. This is enough to get me off my butt and order a connect hub.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...-Sonos_FAQ.pdf

I currently have 5 RA 2 projects and one has two main repeaters do I need two connect bridge components or just one to use the Home Connect APP

RJ

Anyone know if this requires Level 2 software, or will it be accessible with essentials?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    For systems that have 2 Main Repeaters, you only need 1 Connect Bridge. The Bridge is available in Essentials and Inclusive software.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    For systems that have 2 Main Repeaters, you only need 1 Connect Bridge. The Bridge is available in Essentials and Inclusive software.
    Sorry, I see that I wasn't clear in my question - I wasn't asking about the connect bridge, but about integrating Sonos. When reading the Lutron/Sonos FAQ, it states on page 3 that the Lutron dealer will update the utility software to include the Sonos in the Lutron system - by this I assume they mean the essentials or inclusive software. Do you know if essentials has this capability, or if inclusive will be necessary? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Thank you for the quick response, I will be ordering them soon

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The update that they are referring to is the the firmware update that will be required. In order to support the Sonos integration the Main Repeater will need to have the 10.4 firmware loaded on to it. This will also be the version of Radio Ra2 software that will be required in order to program the system to work with Sonos.

With the proper hardware (bridge) and firmware can RadioRa 2 or Homeworks QS standard keypads (seeTouch and similar) control the Sonos similar to the new Pico? The white paper suggests not however an official response would be great.

The FAQ I linked to above says regular keypad buttons can control Sonos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast