Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Sonos...

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    That's the FAQ for RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS. The Caseta FAQ, linked a few posts above, lists everything except the Connect. I'm guessing this is a mistake, but I wanted to confirm.
    ah, ok from the Caseta FAQ
    "All Sonos speakers are compatible with Case?ta Wireless, including the Play 1, Play 3, Play 5, Playbar, Suband Amp."

It still says "all".

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Yes, Sonos Connect and Connect:Amp are supported. Sorry, that was an oversight in the FAQ.

I appreciate the ability to connect, but with Sonos alone is a killer! How about through specific audio companies (Spotify for example) which will then allow one to connect via any hardware? I'm already set up with Denon HEOS - the main bluetooth home system and amcrestfallen to learn that my selection in audio tech isn't compatible with my caseta.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate the ability to connect, but with Sonos alone is a killer! How about through specific audio companies (Spotify for example) which will then allow one to connect via any hardware? I'm already set up with Denon HEOS - the main bluetooth home system and am crestfallen to learn that my selection in audio tech isn't compatible with my caseta.

The FAQ meantions that eventually Caseta will be able to control systems other than Sonos. If your Denon supports control over the network tcp/ip then you may see control some day. I doubt you will ever see Lutron trying to work with a Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth is just too limited.

Quote Originally Posted by tabraham View Post
    I appreciate the ability to connect, but with Sonos alone is a killer!
    Sonos is the oldest and biggest name in consumer multi-room audio.

How about through specific audio companies (Spotify for example) which will then allow one to connect via any hardware?
    It doesn't work like that. Spotify, Pandora, etc are simply music services that audio hardware (e.g. Sonos, Denon, etc) are able to utilize. Put another way, Lutron is leveraging existing audio hardware rather than building someone on their own.

I'm already set up with Denon HEOS - the main bluetooth home system and amcrestfallen to learn that my selection in audio tech isn't compatible with my caseta.
    Bluetooth doesn't really factor into multi-room audio because of its many limitations. It might make sense for Lutron to support DTS' Play-Fi as seems to be about the only standard, of sorts, for multi-room audio. Unfortunately I do not believe that the Heos system currently supports that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    The FAQ meantions that eventually Caseta will be able to control systems other than Sonos. If your Denon supports control over the network tcp/ip then you may see control some day. I doubt you will ever see Lutron trying to work with a Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth is just too limited.
    Ya never know ;) https://www.bluetooth.com
    coming soon: Bluetooth 5

You've heard the news: Bluetooth 5 is coming. The next version of the core specification is thanks to the incredible commitment of our member companies.
    The new spec will:

• quadruple the range
    • double the speed
    • increase data broadcasting capacity by 800%

just downloaded the sonos update for the Lutron app. I do not have the pico.
    it auto discovered my setup. smart enough to present them as logical groups - eg. 5 component Playbar setup as one speaker. stereo pair as one unit, etc.
    I so not see any SONOS components appear in apps as end points in lights and shades.
    however in scenes - both manual and auto I can pick from a single sonos parent group and setup single or multiple logical units into scenes.then pick favorites from sonos dropdown. including volume levels.
    Also setup scene where it can pause a sonos component or various combos. including lights.
    auto scheduling works.
    regarding the pico - perhaps a good use case for hard to reach speakers or the wife for tabletop access. perhaps even wall mounts at strategic locations.
    no Alexa voice as it won't present there - I gather Amazon/sonos beta and integration will address that area soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurum View Post
    just downloaded the sonos update for the Lutron app. I do not have the pico.
    it auto discovered my setup. smart enough to present them as logical groups - eg. 5 component Playbar setup as one speaker. stereo pair as one unit, etc.
    I so not see any SONOS components appear in apps as end points in lights and shades.
    however in scenes - both manual and auto I can pick from a single sonos parent group and setup single or multiple logical units into scenes.then pick favorites from sonos dropdown. including volume levels.
    Also setup scene where it can pause a sonos component or various combos. including lights.
    auto scheduling works.
    regarding the pico - perhaps a good use case for hard to reach speakers or the wife for tabletop access. perhaps even wall mounts at strategic locations.
    no Alexa voice as it won't present there - I gather Amazon/sonos beta and integration will address that area soon.

Incidentally - one of my 5 scenes presented in the Alarm.Com iOS app under Keypads and scene sand it works. not sure if the rest were held up in the cloud delay - will see.

I too downloaded the 4.0 app and the app recognized my 4 Sonos components and said they were added to the system. Unfortunately when I go to the scenes and try to create a scene I am presented with a Generic "Sonos Rooms" device choice which does not allow selection. The individual Sonos units that were found and supposedly added by the app, do not show up anywhere as devices I can select. I am using the pre-homekit pro hub. Did I miss some step?

1. go to manual scenes
    2.add name and choose icon
    3. presented with lights, devices, Sonos Rooms option was at the bottom for me - checked that and it drops down and gives choose sonos rooms option which under the sonos room label. pick that and lists out rooms. check a room and it defaults to the play option and presents a volume option also. u can also choose the pause option if this is to be stop music scene...
    this is what came up for me. I just added a bunch of scenes representing albums form my sonos favorites

11. Thanks hgmobile thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast