Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Sonos...

Did you install the Sonos update? I had no issues at all

2. Thanks hgmobile thanked for this post

now its working - very weird

My first attempt to do this was on an iPhone running IOS 10. Sonos update had been done already. I was not able to select the Sonos Rooms option. Could see it but it would not select.
    I went to an older device running IOS 9.3x (Sonos Updated) and it was selectable and scene was properly created. No issue whatsoever.
    When i went back to the IOS 10 device the scene did appear properly and I was now able to select the "Sonos Rooms" to get the drop downs. All is good! One button scene for lights and sound. Well done Lutron and Sonos.
    Wondering if this was an IOS 10 quirk?

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    One button scene for lights and sound. Well done Lutron and Sonos.
    Its really weird with Music and Lights on a pico under Caseta. Much better sharing Pico's on RadioRa2 where they can be better programmed.

I may break down now and buy the music Pico. Curious - how is the Ra2 better for the Sonos application?

With RadioRa you can program which each of the normal (3 button raise/lower) buttons does. So in a bedroom I made the top button Just lights on to 85%. For the center (round button) is Programmed as cycles favorites and bedroom lights at 35%. The bottom (off) button pauses the music and turns of the lights. In RadioRa you can change Arrows to either dim and raise light levels or volume. You could even main the raise button do lights, the lower button to change volume.

7. Thanks hgmobile thanked for this post
    Any word on Siri and/or HomeKit integration? Sonos now shows up in the Lutron iOS 10 app.

Previously, scenes created in the Lutron app would now show up in HomeKit and would therefore not work with Siri. Any word on whether this has been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbofus View Post
    Any word on Siri and/or HomeKit integration? Sonos now shows up in the Lutron iOS 10 app.

Previously, scenes created in the Lutron app would now show up in HomeKit and would therefore not work with Siri. Any word on whether this has been fixed?
    I doubt Sonos will show up or be controllable from within HomeKit, al least without replacing the old devices with new Sonos HomeKit devices, I blame Apple for this... I don't recall all the "Works with HomeKit" details, but existing equipment cannot work with HomeKit if it was made prior to HomeKit in a nut shell.

I had to create scenes in HomeKit as HomeKit could not pull the Caseta scenes from the smart bridge. I do not think HomeKit will ever "pull" the scenes from the smart bridge because then none HomeKit devices (Sonos) would also be controlled by HomeKit.

I believe Apple requires that HomeKit hardware use 3,072-bit keys for encryption, a security co-processor, and Curve25519 key exchange.

That said, I can control my Lutron lights via voice with Siri and the Lutron SmartBridge is on the list of HomeKit devices, so I don't understand why the scenes wouldn't transfer over.

Currently I have scenes set up for when I get home by myself ("I'm home") or with guests ("We have guests") that change lighting, and it'd be nice to be able to set different Sonos speaker/favorite combinations that will work with those scenes too that I can activate by voice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbofus View Post
    I believe Apple requires that HomeKit hardware use 3,072-bit keys for encryption, a security co-processor, and Curve25519 key exchange.

That said, I can control my Lutron lights via voice with Siri and the Lutron SmartBridge is on the list of HomeKit devices,
    My point is that since the scenes can include Sonos and Sonos doesn't have those security measures I am venturing an educated guess that this is why the scenes can't/don't transfer over to HomeKit.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    My point is that since the scenes can include Sonos and Sonos doesn't have those security measures I am venturing an educated guess that this is why the scenes can't/don't transfer over to HomeKit.
    But Lutron scenes have never transferred over, even before Sonos integration was announced last month. That's what I don't understand. I'd understand scenes with Sonos not transferring, but why can't non-Sonos scenes transfer? Why couldn't Lutron scenes transfer over for the years prior to Sonos integration?

I can control all the Lutron Caseta lights via Siri. It is HomeKit compatible. But scenes have never transferred over. If I create a scene in another HomeKit app, like Eve (or Apple's Home, now), I could include any and all Lutron Caseta lights and control them via Siri. But scenes created in the Lutron app would not transfer to HomeKit. Why?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast