Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Sonos...

Lutron and Sonos...

Anyone get that email?

Caséta and Sonos are about to change the way people listen to music.
    Here’s your chance to get started before the rest of the world.

The balance of light and music creates harmony. Transports us. Transforms us.

Soon, you’ll enjoy all the same Caséta control features for your favorite music with the new Sonos endorsed integration, on your Lutron App and on the NEW Pico remote control for audio.

This morning in New York City, Lutron and Sonos announced the future of light and music, putting you in control of your home’s sights and sounds in a simple, personal way.

With this new Pico, enjoy one-touch control of the Sonos Home Sound System in exactly the same way that you control lights and shades, from your nightstand or from the wall. Play, pause, skip tracks, and adjust volume - no phone needed.

So instead of improving their system they have now added a whole need confusions to it =)
    Last edited by Amanjeet S.; 08-31-2016 at 04:44 AM.

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Just watched the video... couple things came to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWD_tDofaU

So she walks in and turns on her lights and presses play...

Why wouldnt it jsut be geo fences? Why wouldnt she just use the app? What starts playing?

I get the impression you'll be able to activate particular Sonos playlists/stations via scenes.

More importantly, when is this available? The web page at the Lutron site (http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/sonos.aspx) indicates it's available with "Lutron App 3.0 or newer." This would imply that it should work with the current version of the app (3.5.1). Sadly, it does NOT. I've got an extensive Sonos system and it will not let me add them to my Lutron app.

Ditto for me. Multi component Sonos system, plus multi device Lutron Caseta system, but no go on either Apple or Android apps.

can i ask what kind of home networking you have?

Not sure what you're asking here. Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthboHomeKitGuy View Post
    I get the impression you'll be able to activate particular Sonos playlists/stations via scenes.

More importantly, when is this available? The web page at the Lutron site (http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/sonos.aspx) indicates it's available with "Lutron App 3.0 or newer." This would imply that it should work with the current version of the app (3.5.1). Sadly, it does NOT. I've got an extensive Sonos system and it will not let me add them to my Lutron app.
    The Pico's start shipping on 9/15 and apple is announcing iOS 10 on 9/7 so I doubt it will work before 9/7. Sonos also made some announcements for October and early 2017.

Lutron usually rolls out behind schedule so it maybe a few weeks to a month.

and they still dont have a smart outlet ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    The Pico's start shipping on 9/15 and apple is announcing iOS 10 on 9/7 so I doubt it will work before 9/7. Sonos also made some announcements for October and early 2017.
    Based on my reading of the PR materials, you don't actually need the new Pico Audio remote. The control of the Sonos speakers is managed through the app. Once you add the Sonos speakers to your app, you can then assign the to the Pico Audio remote.

Re: the availability date... Nothing in the announcement specified that the feature was dependent upon iOS 10. Even if the feature was in some way dependent upon HomeKit (which I don't get the impression it is), that API already exists within iOS 9. I again point to the web page that indicates this capability requires "Lutron App 3.0 or newer." Given that the current rev of the app is 3.5.1, that's either a typo or something is amiss.

I really do not see the point? Is 90% of the price of Sonos the app and integration it has with other music sources.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast