Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Spacer and Maestro IR Codes Overlap

Spacer and Maestro IR Codes Overlap

Hi, I have been working on a resolution for my issue for several weeks and I'm stumped.

I have the following:

(4) Lutron SPS-600 Dimmers
    (1) Lutron Maestro Dimmer (Used to "Reveal" my speakers behind an Acoustic Transparent Projection Screen). Video Demo
    (1) Lutron Spacer Master Controller

Here is a demo video I made of how it's supposed to look but in order to do this, I had to use the Main Spacer Controller on the Wall for each of the 4 Programmed Scenes and the Harmony One Remote to turn on / off the Reveal Lighting behind the screen.

The problem I'm having is if I hit "All On" on the Harmony One for the Spacer, all lights come on INCLUDING the Lutron Maestro for the Reveal Lights (which I don't want).

If I hit ANY scene on the Harmony One for the Spacer, the scene works but it also turns on the Lutron Maestro for the Reveal Lights (which I don't want).

On the Harmony One, if I turn up the Maestro, it turns up the Reveal Lights but also turns on ALL of my other dimmers.

So the IR Codes are sending the same codes for both the Maestro and the Spacer.

I thought I could fix this by replacing the Maestro with another SPS-600 and set a "Scene" for the "Reveal" but the problem with this is if I hit "All On", the Reveal Dimmer would come on (which I don't want).

I'm stumped....any suggestions?

Administrator
    Hello Youthman,

I've talked it over with a few colleagues, and we do not see a way that you will be able to make this work with IR controls. Our recommendation would be to go with RF controls, such as Caseta. This way each control will have it own "address." Unfortunately I am pretty sure the Harmony One does not do RF controls. You would also have to upgrade your remote.

www.casetawireless.com