Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lutron Caseta Dimmers with Wink and Apple Homekit at the same time?

Lutron Caseta Dimmers with Wink and Apple Homekit at the same time?

I've done a lot of research on this, but I wanted to confirm what I've found... at this point is it not possible to connect Caseta Wireless dimmers to both the Wink Hub and Apple Homekit through the Lutron Smart Bridge?

From what I've experienced, it's one or the other at this point.

I'm designing a system for my home using Wink and Amazon Echo, but it would be cool to also use Apple Homekit and Siri.

For now, am I stuck choosing one or the other?

Thanks!

From my practical experience with my New Lutron pro hub and I assume the new normal hub too , Caseta dimmers can ONLY be paired to either the Lutron or the Wink hub. Not both.
    if paired to the Lutron hub then as it's HomeKit compatible the dimmers work with HomeKit . Wink is not HomeKit enabled so any dimmers paired to wink will not be HomeKit workable.
    so now my Lutron hub paired dimmers work with Alexa as well as Siri. I use wink for zwave fan switches and hue bulbs. Hue bulbs still require Hue hub to work with wink hub.
    Hope this helps

3. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    see what homeseer can do for you, go to they web site and give a try

Quote Originally Posted by Blurum View Post
    From my practical experience with my New Lutron pro hub and I assume the new normal hub too , Caseta dimmers can ONLY be paired to either the Lutron or the Wink hub. Not both.
    if paired to the Lutron hub then as it's HomeKit compatible the dimmers work with HomeKit . Wink is not HomeKit enabled so any dimmers paired to wink will not be HomeKit workable.
    so now my Lutron hub paired dimmers work with Alexa as well as Siri. I use wink for zwave fan switches and hue bulbs. Hue bulbs still require Hue hub to work with wink hub.
    Hope this helps

Take a look at Homebridge

Quote Originally Posted by tvmikek View Post
    I'm designing a system for my home using Wink and Amazon Echo, but it would be cool to also use Apple Homekit and Siri.
    Take a look at a project called Homebridge.
    https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge

I have this running on a Raspberry Pi, and there are plugins to bring HomeKit support to many different things, including the Wink hub (and I believe there's a plugin for Echo as well...). Then you can use an app like Elgato Eve or the iOS 10 Home app to control everything from one place. In my setup, I have most of my dimmers paired with the Lutron SmartBridge, but a couple are paired with the Wink hub for automation purposes. But they all are visible to me within HomeKit, and they all work with Siri.

It's a little bit involved to get it up and running, but there is a great step-by-step tutorial to get it working on a Raspberry Pi in particular if you don't mind getting your hands dirty.