Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRa 2 dimmers with Halo LEDs?

RadioRa 2 dimmers with Halo LEDs?

Does anyone have experience using RadioRa 2 dimmers with Halo LEDs?

I'm thinking of using either an RRD-6CL or RRD-10ND with a bank of 8 Halo LEDs each(RL560WH9935R). The box shows the LEDs at 13.5 watts apiece (108 watts total), which should be within the RRD-6CL's capability. BUT, they aren't listed on Lutron's compatibility list, and I have no idea what their RPIC is, so I'm thinking about using the 10NDs out of an abundance of caution.

Any and all thoughts are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

We have over 100 RL460WH930PK throughout the house. They work great w/the dimmers. Most are controlled by 6 button RadioRA2 dimmers (RRD-W6BRL), but some are using the RRD-6CL dimmers.

Do yourself a favor, if you can. Get the 4" vs the monstrous 6".

3. Thanks jelloice thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    We have over 100 RL460WH930PK throughout the house. They work great w/the dimmers. Most are controlled by 6 button RadioRA2 dimmers (RRD-W6BRL), but some are using the RRD-6CL dimmers.

Do yourself a favor, if you can. Get the 4" vs the monstrous 6".
    I assume you mean H6BRL hybrid keypads? That's interesting - so in theory they could work with RRD-6D. Anyway, anyone know what the max capacity would be if using 6NAs?

Yes, sorry, I pulled the model number from the RadioRA 2 software and didin't think about it. Yes, I meant the H6BRL keypards, and we're using the RRD-6NA's.

6. Thanks freeoscar thanked for this post
    I have been using RRD-6CL with recessed Halo LEDs and never had an issue. I'd say I use the 6NA in these particular circumstances: 1) when I am sure the driver is ELV, principally in high-end fixtures from Tech Lighting, Lightolier, EdgeLighting, etc. 2) If the LED load is higher than 150 W; and 3) If the load is not heavy enough and the bulb keeps glowing even when the dimmer is set to OFF, a situation that the neutral wire from the 6NA helps fixing.

Use the LED matrix to find out about dimmer support and light specs. If a device isn't listed then call Lutron and ask. They test a lot of things and not everything makes it into the database. Sometimes because the lighting might have 'negative factors'.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service-...merMatrix.aspx

The RL560WH9935R doesn't come up. Others in the RL560 do, but I'd call Lutron anyway.

Here's the test results for some of the RL560 lights:
    http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Resource...May%20REVB.pdf

It's showing support for 1-10 of them on a RRD-HN6BRL, with a neutral required to the switch.

Note the dimming info. That tested at being able to dim to 34% of perceived output. Likewise the recommended trim levels.

The data on the test sheets can help avoid a lot of LED lighting problems. First by specifying the right lights at the start, but also by using the right dimmer when the lighting choice has already been made AND by adjusting the software trim levels to control them in ways that work best. As in, not using default low trim levels and running into flashing or other problems.