Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Assignable items - timeclocks

Assignable items - timeclocks

Why can't a timeclock event have a timeclock item as an assignable event?

I want a variable called season to automatically update throughout the year (easy), AND I want 4 seasonal timeclocks that operate only during their respective season (hard).

The only way I see this as possible is if I create a new timeclock - Season Manager.
    Then within that Season Manager timeclock, only have 4 override events at the beginning of each of the seasons every year - blank weekly schedule.
    Each timeclock event would then call up 1 of 4 unique "Season-Sequences" which enable/disable the 4 seasonal timeclocks appropriately.

Also, if you retransfer to the system, you would have to wait until the season changes before the system automatically updates the season to the correct state? How would the new timeclock-catchup feature in 6.0.1 handle this? Or should I actually run a conditional timeclock event every day that calls the proper "Season-Sequence" to ensure the correct seasonal timeclocks are operational?

Am I totally unpolished in my approach? Please tell me a more elegant way to do this??

Just FYI: I'm only doing this because "sunset" in the northern climates is bright in the summer and dark in the winter. i.e. astronomical time is not good enough. I guess it is a good way to approximate Hyperion functionality too?
    Last edited by Meredith K.; 11-18-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: removed word "ghetto"

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You can program your timeclock via the override schedule to run a different set of events on arbitrary dates. For example, you can have four different timeclock routines each representing a season and each having their own set of timeclock events. You can then open the calendar for that timeclock and select which routine will run on each dates. For the specific routine (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), select the dates you would want it to run. Please see the attached screenshot to see a sample of how we selected the dates for each timeclock routine.

Attached is also a sample project file programmed with the functionality described.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calendar with seasons.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Thanks LightBrigade thanked for this post
    Likes LightBrigade liked this post
    Thanks. So to confirm:

1) The "Seasons" Timeclock will operate "simultaneously and independently" with any other Project Timeclocks I create, such that being in override schedule of the Season Timeclock will not force other Timeclocks into the override schedule? i.e. they are mutually exclusive and excecute concurrently, with priority given to Timeclocks at the top of the tree?
    2) Seasons Timeclock is effectively operating in 1 of 4 override schedules year-round permanently, and that is ok?
    3) Do i need to manually select Feb.29? How is that handled if I do/don't?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Please see below for commentary:

1) Correct, they will run mutually exclusively and concurrently with other timeclocks. These override timeclocks will not cause other timeclocks to run in override mode.
    2) You can choose each of the override timeclocks in the "calendar" screen and choose to run it every year or one year.
    3) If you select February 29th for one year, for example in 2012, it will automatically include it in the subsequent 4 year continuation

6. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post