Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC 1832 Intergration

DSC 1832 Intergration

When will full support for the DSC panel be available? Such as knowing when the alarm is armed in away to run the away mode on RA2?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Emmett, the RadioRA2 system currently supports the PC1864 panel with an IT-100 adapter board that provides a RS232 interface. This system will execute the phantom buttons on the main repeater in the same manner that the Honeywell security panels do.

Thank you for the reply. So no support for the PC1832?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    While a module was developed to be compatible with the DSC panels we have currently only tested the PC1864.

I have a DSC 1832 and Radio RA2. Both connect to my home automation gateway via IP -- MiCaseVerde Vera.

So when I set arm on the alarm, all my lights turn off. I can also use my wired (or wireless, but there is a 6 second delay by design) motion detectors to turn the lights on.

MCV wrote a plugin for the Vera to connect it with RA2.

Craig,

I know this is an old post but how would I go about setting this up in the essentials software? I have an IT-100 adapter board installed on a DSC panel already.

thanks,
    Alex

Hello alex@okproteck.ca
    Thank you for your post.
    Bring up the main repeater on the programming tab and scroll down through the phantom buttons. There are some towards the end that are pre labeled. I believe you can use any of the phantom buttons, but I am unsure what buttons the panel/adapter needs to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello alex@okproteck.ca
    Thank you for your post.
    Bring up the main repeater on the programming tab and scroll down through the phantom buttons. There are some towards the end that are pre labeled. I believe you can use any of the phantom buttons, but I am unsure what buttons the panel/adapter needs to press.

Blair,

Basically I want the Radiora2 app to arm and disarm the DSC system, is this possible? Eg:

Hit away mode system arms
    Hit home system disarms?

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by alex@okproteck.ca View Post
    Blair,

Basically I want the Radiora2 app to arm and disarm the DSC system, is this possible? Eg:

Hit away mode system arms
    Hit home system disarms?

Thank you for your help.
    Can anyone help me with this??

Quote Originally Posted by alex@okproteck.ca View Post
    Can anyone help me with this??
    If it works the same way as it does with Honeywell (with a 9232CBM module) then no, it can't do that. For two reasons: 1) The communication is one-way - i.e. the alarm can trigger lighting scenes, but the RadioRa2 can't trigger alarm actions. 2) That is for a good reason - having a single button that can disarm the alarm is rather pointless, is it not? There's a reason you need a code to disarm. But you can set it up so that when, say, you arm the system at night it triggers the Lutron 'good night' scene. So it's a one-button press thing anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast