Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How can I get a dimmer like an HQRD-6CL to control more than the load attached to it

How can I get a dimmer like an HQRD-6CL to control more than the load attached to it

In other words, I was going to install an HQRD-6CL to replace a light switch controlling on load in the kitchen. I would like when I press the button to turn on that load for the system to also turn on another zone.

I can create a phantom keyad with LED logic that will light when the HQRD-6CL turns on its load. But how can I program the system to monitor that phantom LED and when it is on to trigger another zone to turn on?

Or is my only option to install a hybrid keypad (which has more buttons than I need)

You can program HQRD-6CL to turn on other loads. However it will always turn on the local load attached

For example if the 2nd load your trying to control is also on a system device like dimmer,Sitch,RPM you can tell dimmer 1 to operate those other devices in programing Is that what your looking for ?

Yes I am trying to get the HQRD to turn on its local load plus another device

Yes I am trying to get the HQRD to turn on its local load plus another device through programming

I just don't see where the option is in programming to get access to hqrd as a source rather than a load to have it trigger another zone to turn on with it

Okay Im not in front of my machine but I believe what you nay be missing is under the Program Tab on the left side down low you need to put a check mark to show dimmers and switches. Once you see the dimmer you will see you can program multiple loads to it.. Is it that you only see keypads showing uo and not local switches ?

5. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Likes Blair S. liked this post
    That worked thank you so much

7. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Likes Blair S. liked this post