Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Independent control of multiple caseta dimmers from single keypad / remote?

Independent control of multiple caseta dimmers from single keypad / remote?

Hi-

I have I think a pretty basic use case. Have a three-gang switch box that I was thinking of converting to a three-gang Caseta dimmers. One of them may be three-pole if it matters. One of them may just be single-pole, non-dimmed.

But anyway, it seems like a burden if I have to have 3 remotes for these guys. I know Insteon has keypads / remotes (the 6- or 8- buttons) that make this doable w/ their stuff. How do I to it w/ Caseta? I'm not sure iPhone/Pad & bridge is an option ... not going to hang an ipod on the wall, even if crazier things have been done.

Thx

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thanks for your interest in Caseta! We have a couple of ways to control multiple dimmers/switches with one remote.

The PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01 is probably our most popular Pico remote and it offers on/off, raise/lower, and a preset button. This can be paired with all 3 devices (switch included) to control them in unison.

We also have some 4 button Pico remotes that you could use:

The PJ2-4B-GWH-L21 is a 2 group control. This means that you can switch 2 sets of lights on/off independently of each other. This remote will turn the groups to 100% and 0%.

The PJ2-4B-GWH-L31 has 3 scene (preset) buttons and one "all off". You could pair this do all your devices and have the top button set one dimmer to 30%, one to 55%, and the switch to OFF. This is a little different than our traditional scene control, as each control is affected by each button press.

Thanks. These three switches are all very different so pairing them in scenes won't make a lot of sense -- one even controls and exterior light. But I'll look into these and see how they could help.

Is the PJ2-4B-WH-L31P the same as the PJ2-4B-GWH-L31 listed above? Not sure what the "P" at the end signifies.

Lutron Technical Support
    The PJ2-4B-WH-L31P and the PJ2-4B-GWH-L31 are the same Pico remote. The model numbers are different because we sell them through different dealers.