I am new to this forum and Lutron Caseta devices.
I recently sold my house with about 150 Insteon Home automation devices, including: dimmers, switches, keypads, pool pump controllers, irrigation controllers, garage door monitor, HVAC control, etc etc. It was all tied together with a Universal Devices ISY-994. I installed and programmed it all myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, only about 80% of the system was reliable, the other 20% was a nightmare (devices would not turn ON/OFF reliably, random ALL ON/OFF events.)...... I will not make that mistake again.
I now need to outfit my new house and have been doing a fair amount of research for reliable home automation systems that are DIY.....
For lighting control it certainly appears that Caseta is a great fit for me, except for the range and the number of units it can support. In reading other parts of this forum I have seen statements that suggested that Apple HomeKit, coupled with a third party app(s) can be used to connect to multiple bridges. Theoretically, that would allow me to have 3 or maybe even 4 Smart Bridges to cover the entire house, (about 5000 sq ft) as well as get me 150+ devices. My questions:
1. Can I have 3 or 4 Smart Bridge Pros operating in my home in relative close proximity?
2. Does anyone have any experience using HomeKit or any third party app that will allow multiple Smart Bridge Pros?
3. What are the shortcomings of all this?
Thanks in Advance