Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Processor internal battery?

Quote Originally Posted by topcat88 View Post

Hi,

Just looking for clarification before I start down this road also. My system is a Homeworks Illumination Series 8 based system processor - H8P5-MI-H48-CE. I am a computer scientist and hobbyist home automation builder. I have my system linked into Home Assistant which allows control via Siri or Alexa. We inherited the system and it has worked for 5 years without issue. This morning I woke up to the waterfall lights on our keypads and I assume the battery is now on the way out. I have reuploaded my programming using version 1.65 of the Homeworks software and we are back up and running but I fear this is going to continue everytime we have a power fluctuation.

I have all the integration I need via home assistant so not interested in upgrading. I am also handy enough with a soldering iron so opening the processor up and replacing the battery doesn't scare me. I have 2 questions for the experts though.

1. Which battery do I need for this model - H8P5-MI-H48-CE. Is soldering it risky given it is Lithium Ion and does anyone have experience of any enclosure that I could route wires outside the processor to make the battery easier to change in the future?
    2. Can you use 1.65 to reload the programming on the Illumination system and restore the Battery Freshness Seal? @Jon Sr - Is your comment above for all systems? There seems to be conflicting advice about this from other people on reddit.
    Hello. Tell me how did you connect Litron H8P5 with Home Assistant and Siri? I would be very grateful for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat88 View Post

Hi,

Just looking for clarification before I start down this road also. My system is a Homeworks Illumination Series 8 based system processor - H8P5-MI-H48-CE. I am a computer scientist and hobbyist home automation builder. I have my system linked into Home Assistant which allows control via Siri or Alexa. We inherited the system and it has worked for 5 years without issue. This morning I woke up to the waterfall lights on our keypads and I assume the battery is now on the way out. I have reuploaded my programming using version 1.65 of the Homeworks software and we are back up and running but I fear this is going to continue everytime we have a power fluctuation.

I have all the integration I need via home assistant so not interested in upgrading. I am also handy enough with a soldering iron so opening the processor up and replacing the battery doesn't scare me. I have 2 questions for the experts though.

1. Which battery do I need for this model - H8P5-MI-H48-CE. Is soldering it risky given it is Lithium Ion and does anyone have experience of any enclosure that I could route wires outside the processor to make the battery easier to change in the future?
    2. Can you use 1.65 to reload the programming on the Illumination system and restore the Battery Freshness Seal? @Jon Sr - Is your comment above for all systems? There seems to be conflicting advice about this from other people on reddit.
    Hi,

Did you able to upgrade with external battery? if yes, provide list of parts and their sku you used.
    What driver you used for Home Assistant? I stuck with old CQC, i need to move forward, but i do not want to upgrade working good Lutron.

Thank you in advance,
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by romanr View Post
    Hi,

Did you able to upgrade with external battery? if yes, provide list of parts and their sku you used.
    What driver you used for Home Assistant? I stuck with old CQC, i need to move forward, but i do not want to upgrade working good Lutron.

Thank you in advance,
    Roman

Roman, I bought myself a Korean EVE battery for 3.6V at 2600mAh (original for 2100 mAh). In the store, the legs were soldered to it by spot welding (batteries do not like heating when soldering in the usual way).
    The battery soldered itself into the processor, not very neatly, but effectively.
    Now in the process of flashing: first I filled in the OS in the 1.49 program, and now I'm flashing the project in 1.65.
    It was not possible to flash the OS in 1.65. After the firmware was completed, the processor blinked a red diode indicating an error.
    I stitched through the USB-RS232 adapter.

Tell me, please, how did you manage to make Lutron and Siri friends?

Роман, я купил себе корейский аккумулятор ЭВЕ на 3.6В на 2600мАч (оригинальный на 2100 мАч). В магазине мне к нему припаяли ножки точечной сваркой (аккумуляторы не любят нагрев при пайке обычным способом).
    В процессор аккумулятор паял сам, не очень аккуратно, но результативно.
    Сейчас в процессе прошивки: вначале залил ОС в программе 1.49, а теперь прошиваю проект в 1.65.
    Прошить ОС в 1.65 не получилось. После завершения прошивки процессор моргал красным диодом сообщая об ошибке.
    Прошивал через УСБ-РС232 переходник.

Подскажите, пожалуйста, как вам удалось подружить Лутрон и Сири?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	999

Quote Originally Posted by Dsold View Post
    Roman, I bought myself a Korean EVE battery for 3.6V at 2600mAh (original for 2100 mAh). In the store, the legs were soldered to it by spot welding (batteries do not like heating when soldering in the usual way).
    The battery soldered itself into the processor, not very neatly, but effectively.
    Now in the process of flashing: first I filled in the OS in the 1.49 program, and now I'm flashing the project in 1.65.
    It was not possible to flash the OS in 1.65. After the firmware was completed, the processor blinked a red diode indicating an error.
    I stitched through the USB-RS232 adapter.

Tell me, please, how did you manage to make Lutron and Siri friends?

Роман, я купил себе корейский аккумулятор ЭВЕ на 3.6В на 2600мАч (оригинальный на 2100 мАч). В магазине мне к нему припаяли ножки точечной сваркой (аккумуляторы не любят нагрев при пайке обычным способом).
    В процессор аккумулятор паял сам, не очень аккуратно, но результативно.
    Сейчас в процессе прошивки: вначале залил ОС в программе 1.49, а теперь прошиваю проект в 1.65.
    Прошить ОС в 1.65 не получилось. После завершения прошивки процессор моргал красным диодом сообщая об ошибке.
    Прошивал через УСБ-РС232 переходник.

Подскажите, пожалуйста, как вам удалось подружить Лутрон и Сири?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	999
    Wow you speak Russian ;) Я тоже так могу ;)
    thank you for the photo and explanation.
    I replaced one CPU from 2 I have in my home. but i did not able success to recovery with 1.65, so I bought new CPU :(!!!!!
    So I now I know to replace need to use 1.49, not 1.65 as i use to upgrade. Could you please point where i can download v1.49? telegram: @romanredman
    I planed to put 2 x 3.6v Litton ion batteries in parallel, so i can take out any one and recharge.
    One of my cpu with like 12y old, and battery is old.
    Did you soldered it with ground strap ?

btw:I do not use siri, as i leaned need to install home assist with illumination driver, there new one...so you will able to control it with nice system and voice.

Regards,
    Roman

In need of 1.49...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sr View Post
    topcat88, send me your email address and I will send it to you. jonsr@udgaz.com
    Just sent you an email to the one you listed. Would appreciate the 1.49 as well.

Version 1.49 anyone? Please let me know if you have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Sr View Post
    What happens when the old battery is removed, it resets the Supervisory Circuit which manages memory support (MAX793RCSE) and its Battery Freshness Seal. The freshness seal is a feature of the chip and prevents battery drain on the board before software is loaded. Unless the OS software resets the seal, the battery remains disconnected from the memory. As soon as you turn off the power coming out of boot mode, the OS you just loaded goes away. This only happens with OS v1.50 and higher. V1.49 is the last version that resets the Battery Freshness Seal.
    Jon, please let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks

docboston, Sorry, I rarely come onto the Forum. The battery for your Interactive HWI-H8 is a Tadiran TL-5135. Mouser Electronics sells them. Hope that helps, albeit late.

Hi, i also lost the OS and project in my HWI processor, any chance of having the 1.49 and 1.65 versions, my email is aescobar@xal.megared.net.mx ,

Thank's in advance
    Abel

Hi, i need the 1.49 and 1.65 versions to fix my HWI processor, could you please send them? my email is aescobar@xal.megared.net.mx
    thank's in advance

Abel

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast