Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Processor internal battery?

Jerry,

Its a good idea to upgrade. We have recently replaced 2 older systems because the processors failed. Even if you can get a working processor, the system could have other problems and that processor that works is still old. It would be like trying to find an old original engine for a car thats 15 years old rather than upgrading it. Can work, but its old and may fail sooner than later.

Im in Miami, FL so there is very little that I can do from here. Sorry if this isnt the help you need. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Alex - alex@iqei.tv
    J. Alexander Luty
    iQ Electronic Interiors, Inc.

ok, thank you!

Hi I change battery and upload the OS by steps you described. The problem is that the processor after power off go in boot mode. It not loose memory, it won’t start the OS. Whit command OSSTRAT via RS232 it work normal.Do you maybe know how to resolve the problem that after power loos start OS?

tried this

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    Wow that is very detailed, thank you! I had no idea you would have to reupload the OS again too. I doubt that I would end up doing this but it's good to give the customer (especially one who bought the house with this in it and can't afford a complete system) to at least try the cheaper route.
    Ok, did this but but after the upload of the os, it says complete. but then when i flip the dip switch back, and try to upload, it gives me a blinking red light and can no longer connect

anybody here upgrade the battery?

Angry

did you resolved problem? i afraid a bit to try...
    Quote Originally Posted by museintegration View Post
    Ok, did this but but after the upload of the os, it says complete. but then when i flip the dip switch back, and try to upload, it gives me a blinking red light and can no longer connect

Quote Originally Posted by romanr View Post
    You must NOT use HWI165 to do the OS upload.Use an older version of the software as something is wrong with how 165 writes the OS to the processor.Once the old one is in you will find it works properly and THEN you can use 165 to update THAT working processor to what will be 1.64 version of the OS.Something I discovered in the last few days. UGGHHHHNow we all know!

I have not experienced any issues with 1.65. I have upgraded from most of the previous versions without issue. I have had issues with 1.49 running on Windows 10.

Illumination and Interactive have different batteries. I found them both at Batteries+. However, Batteries+ told me they are Lithium Ion(?) and it requires a special technique to solder them so they don't explode. I found a local guy that does it for a very reasonable price. I also buy the batteries from him so he can make a few extra dollars.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I did

Quote Originally Posted by romanr View Post
    I replaced the Lithium IO battery on my system a few years ago. Pretty easy soldering - used youtube to learn how to un-solder something. Battery out behavior - as described - was all programming lost on power failure. Reloading the software as normal worked when the battery was out - restored service until the next power failure. After replacement it has been fine. System has been installed 19 years and it failed around ~4 years ago.

Hi 'Smarthomegeek' - I'd like to revive this thread a bit. I have a legacy HomeWorks Illumination system installed 2010. We lost power for 40 hours during the recent Texas freeze and blackout event. I was 'petrified' my Lutron lighting system would not reboot given the lithium battery is ~11 years old. Fortunately, when power restored, my system came back and runs like always. But - I need to replace this battery so I don't live in fear the next the lights go out! It's not cost effective to upgrade to QS, when a $5.00 battery is all that is needed. I have the 1.65 software on my PC (desktop & laptop) along with multiple backup versions of the Illumination database. I have routinely updated the database as I added new light fixtures and finesse the dimming control. It works just like I want it. My concern is how to go about shutting down the system, remove the old battery, install the new one (I am excellent at soldering/electronics hobbyist) and then connect my windows 10 laptop (which does not have a rs-232 port, but does have numerous USB ports) to upload both the OS and database. I read here that 1.65 does not upload the OS properly (but it seems some have had no issue?). I welcome handholding here to give me confidence that I can do this step by step - mostly I need to know that 1.65 is going to work. The old version of Illumination 1.33, etc. does not work on win10 so is not an option. If I can't upload the OS using 1.65, then what can I do? Thanks for all your help in advance!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast