Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Processor internal battery?

Great, thank you so much. I ordered the batteries. Hope it works. Will have very happy people if it does!

Hi, I had the same problem, battery dead and the program got lost... and now? unfortunately I couldnt find the person who ever wrote the project and of course we dont have a backup... What should I do now? Is there somebody who can help me or who could send me a project for getting any idea how to program my system new... just with the manual of homeworks interactive its not possible. let me say that I have just landscape lights and they are connectet to round about 12 phantome panels in two seperate houses... I have two processors..
    looking forward for any kind of helping hand
    thank you

Where are you located ?

The llumination processor also has a lithium battery on the board which will probably need replacement at some date, although I have not changed one yet. This is also a Tadiran but looks like a AA cell with solder legs. Part number is TL-5104 and is 3.6 volt also. I'm guessing these have a 10 year lifespan. Anyone dissected a QS processor yet? Maybe I never will because we put ours on UPS backup and haven't had a hiccup yet.

have this issue with a processor from 2008 H4P5, for the last 5 years, i live in Israel, looks like too hot here, and battery life much shorter,
    replacing battery to cable with jack, and will connect battery outside of the box, so next battery replacement will be easy.

part inside Tadiran TL-5104
    will replace to ER14505 with holder outside.

Battery Issue

I have a HomeWorks Interactive system in my house and it was working perfectly until the power went out and it appears the memory was erased, all the keypad lights scroll from top to bottom and it says OF on the diagnostic screen in the processor. I want to either solder a new battery on the processor or buy a refurbished one with a new battery, as I feel the only issue is the battery as described in this thread. My problem is Im unable to get support to rewrite the file that seems to be lost due to the battery failure. Can you help me get my system up and running?

Thanks,

Jerry

I replaced the battery, this does not help, i spoke with somebody he told also need to replace diode to fix some reverse current, (complex for me to sit in dark and play with processor) I did call the local Lutron service they will offer to replace to a new processor. if you have not many connectors used may be a good idea to upgrade to QS. My system has 2 processors 500m2 house, so I need to buy 4 QS processors, and some time to configure it, I just bought a new Illumination processor for $5000 - crazy but I can't sit in dark. next house no centralized system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrytofu View Post
    I have a HomeWorks Interactive system in my house and it was working perfectly until the power went out and it appears the memory was erased, all the keypad lights scroll from top to bottom and it says OF on the diagnostic screen in the processor. I want to either solder a new battery on the processor or buy a refurbished one with a new battery, as I feel the only issue is the battery as described in this thread. My problem is Im unable to get support to rewrite the file that seems to be lost due to the battery failure. Can you help me get my system up and running?

Jerry,

Where are you located. To write a program would need a good amount of information. Might be a good idea to get a local Lutron dealer to upgrade you to QS
    J. Alexander Luty
    iQ Electronic Interiors, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by iQAlex View Post
    Jerry,

Where are you located. To write a program would need a good amount of information. Might be a good idea to get a local Lutron dealer to upgrade you to QS
    Please send me quote for 4x QS processors - lutron @ pointa dot org.

I'm in New Jersey. Local dealers seem to all want me to upgrade. Can you give me some guidance to get this up and running? Thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast