Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Outdoor LED Dimmable Chandiler-style B35s?

Outdoor LED Dimmable Chandiler-style B35s?

I haven't been able to find through the LED tool or otherwise any B35 (chandler-style) bulbs for use with my RRD-6NAs or 6CLs to go on my garage coach lights and front door fixtures. I bought some that dimmed okay and worked outside, but they didn't last long as they weren't rated as such. This was no surprise to me that they didn't work, but now that I know that's the case, I wondered if anyone knows of such bulbs. Thanks!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello schalliol,

From what I could find online it appears that the B35 candelabra style lamps have a E14 base which is traditionally a European base type rated at 240V. While I have found a few products rated for 120V, at this time Lutron has not conducted any testing on 120V rated LED products with an E14 base. In the event that you are locked into using an E14 LED product for this application we would suggest contacting the LED manufacturer and asking them for a list of dimming controls that they have verified are compatible with their product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R. View Post
    Hi Matt. Thanks for the note. The B35 I have is a 6W E12. These work, but after a year outdoors with weather in the midwest, not so much: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWRP0WC.

Are you aware of anything in a candelabra style that is dimmable and is suitable for outdoor? Thanks!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello schalliol,

Sorry for the delayed response.

After scouring through all of the candelabra LED products that we have tested and found to be compatible with our controls, it does not appear that any of these products are rated for outdoor use. While we were able to find outdoor rated candelabra LED products online, they were not able to be dimmed.

If it is imperative to dim these outdoor lights we would suggest either controlling an indoor/outdoor rated halogen bulb or contacting LED manufacturers and asking them if they have a product that fits your current criteria.

Matt, thanks for looking into it with such detail. While it seems like yesterday that only a couple bulbs were available of any type, now it's surprising there are no options. Ugh.

These chandler-style dimmable led bulbs with standard E12 base may meet your needs. I bought other bulbs from this merchant and the bulbs are of high quality. I also love the unique hollow-out ceramic design of these bulbs. Hope could help you :)

Thanks for the note. I’ve been using some from Amazon that held up too, but I’m sure I’ll need more.