Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Problem while adding dimmer via App.

Problem while adding dimmer via App.

I purchased two in wall dimmer ( PD-6WCL-LA) and the smart bridge (L-BDG2-WH). Installed dimmers - no problems and i am able to control lights manually. When i installed the bridge (i purchased this via Amazon warehouse deals so it was pre-owned but inspected and like new), it told me that some other account was linked and asked to remove, so I did.

When all setup was complete for the bridge, I started adding device. for both dimmers, I followed instructions but at the last step of setup process i got an error: Error while setup. Please try again (something in this regard, this is not exact text but the message was very generic). So I thought i must have missed a step so came out of the app with the thought that I will do it again. But when I relaunched the App, there was the dimmer. I am able to control lights via my phone, via Siri and also through Amazon Echo. no problems.

Problem came when I tried to schedule ON/OFF for the dimmers. again, at the end of the schedule, it errored out and won't let me set the schedule to turn on lights at Sunset. But again, when I went in to schedule section in app after relaunch, there was the schedule but with incorrect light state (i assumed i set the light state at the end so that was not saved).

I am also not able to set triggers using IFTTT, its erroring out - I am assuming due to same problem above.

Another issue I have is that, when I launch other app like Elgato Eve - it doesnt show me dimmers or Rooms/zones I setup. it only recognizes Smartbridge as an accessory and not allowing me to do anything with it.

anyone had same problem?

do you think I should have bought new bridge? I can still return what I have and buy a brand new bridge.

any help is appreciated.

Lutron Technical Support
    How far are these dimmers away from the bridge? Are they within the 30 foot radius RF range of the bridge?
    Have you tried power cycling the bridge?
    Do you have the latest version of the app installed (v3.4.1)?
    Could you try deleting the app and then reinstalling it?
    Could you try removing the dimmers from the app and add them back into it?

They are definitely within 30ft radius. i did try everything you mentioned but none seemed to work.

Now, on unrelated note, i had to swap out my phone yesterday and after i restored from icloud, i am now able to make change to scenes and save without any issue. So I hope, i will be able to add the devices without any problem as well. I have not tried IFTTT yet but will try that out too to see if it resolved the issue. not sure what could have caused it.

What is happning now is, when i set test schedule to turn lights on at 9.05 PM, they show as turned on in App but the lights are off. The dimmer in the App shows as if lights are on when they are not. when i tap on the dimmer and tap on OFF, it goes back to off and when I tap on ON, it goes back to ON and lights also turn on. is there anything else i should be doing? may be removing and adding the devices again?

problem with removing and adding devices is that, i have to reset home configuration in homekit. otherwise, it wont let me give the names that make sense. for example, i named it as "Kitchen Lights" right now. but if i remove it and re-add it, it wont let me give that name unless I reset home configuration. is there any way around it?

Quote Originally Posted by pandyarajen View Post
    They are definitely within 30ft radius. i did try everything you mentioned but none seemed to work.

Now, on unrelated note, i had to swap out my phone yesterday and after i restored from icloud, i am now able to make change to scenes and save without any issue. So I hope, i will be able to add the devices without any problem as well. I have not tried IFTTT yet but will try that out too to see if it resolved the issue. not sure what could have caused it.

What is happning now is, when i set test schedule to turn lights on at 9.05 PM, they show as turned on in App but the lights are off. The dimmer in the App shows as if lights are on when they are not. when i tap on the dimmer and tap on OFF, it goes back to off and when I tap on ON, it goes back to ON and lights also turn on. is there anything else i should be doing? may be removing and adding the devices again?

problem with removing and adding devices is that, i have to reset home configuration in homekit. otherwise, it wont let me give the names that make sense. for example, i named it as "Kitchen Lights" right now. but if i remove it and re-add it, it wont let me give that name unless I reset home configuration. is there any way around it?
    Were you able to fix the adding dimmers problem?