Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siri no longer working, can't reset "integration"

Siri no longer working, can't reset "integration"

Siri had been working fine on my Caseta system for months, then recently stopped working. Siri now replies, "Sorry Bill, I didn't hear back". I tried to access "Siri Integration" within the iOS app, and initially when I went to "Setup Home" the app would respond that my Smart Bridge was already set up with another user (I have always been the only user), and that I could ask them to invite me, or I could reset Siri Integration by holding down the button on the Smart Bridge for 20 seconds. I did that, but now the app just says, "Unable to find Smart Bridge". This is odd, because the app works fine otherwise, and I can control all my Caseta devices from within the app, just not with Siri.

I considered deleting the app and re-installing it, but I don't want to have to re-add all my switches, remotes, scenes, rooms, etc, etc. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this? Did this happen because of a recent upgrade to the app? The feedback on the App Store seems to suggest I'm not the only one having a problem.

Lutron Technical Support
    Here is a link to our HomeKit troubleshooting guide: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...otingGuide.pdf.

Try signing out of iCloud and then sign back in.
    If that doesn't work, you may need to reset the HomeKit information on both the bridge and your iOS device.

I signed out of iCloud on all my devices, and within the Lutron app I tapped "Remove Account" in the Account menu to remove it from my Smart Bridge. I singed back in to my account in the Lutron app and was able to re-add my house (enter the code on my Smart Bridge, etc). All my devices were still present in the Lutron app. I re-created my rooms and zones, and Siri was working ok. I signed back into iCloud and turned on iCloud keychain, but went I went back to the Lutron app my house was gone. When I try to re-add it, I get the message:

"Your Smart Bridge has already been paired with another iCloud account. That user can add you by tapping Edit Home & Users from the Siri Integration settings."

This is the problem I was having when I first noticed Siri wasn't working. Very frustrating. Siri had been working just fine until very recently, and now it's all messed up. Seems it may have come on when the app was updated on 6/28, though I'm not sure. Not sure if Siri has worked at all since then as I was out of town part of that time.

Ok, I had to reset Siri settings on the Smart Bridge again (by holding down the button on the Smart Bridge for 20 sec), after signing back into iCloud and turning on keychain, and now Siri seems to be working again. Had to set up all my rooms and zones all over again (for the third time).

Lutron Technical Support
    If this happens again, could you try power cycling the bridge? Just disconnect the power from it for a few seconds, and then plug power back into it.

Thanks for the reply. I did try that early on, no help. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the bridge from the router, but that didn't help either.

Thanks again.

I am having a similar issue. I switched from an ASUS to a Linksys router and now Siri integration doesn't work. It just says "discovering smart bridge" for a couple of minutes and then gives me an error saying "you must be on your home wifi network to setup Siri". Everything else works completely fine in the app. All light controls, etc. just not Siri. I spent an hour on the phone with Lutron support and they couldn't figure it out. Any suggestions?

FYI, I went through all of the suggestions above!

Lutron Technical Support
    emclean, try the following:
    1. Go into your iPhone's Settings > iCloud > Keychain and make sure that the iCloud Keychain is turned on.
    2. Go into your iPhone's Settings > Privacy > HomeKit and make sure that Lutron is turned on.
    3. Go into your iPhone's Settings > HomeKit and make sure that Use iCloud is turned on.

If those don't work:
    4. Hold down the button on the bridge for 20 seconds (until the LED bar on the bridge flashes rapidly) to reset the HomeKit data on the bridge.
    5. Go into your iPhone's Settings > HomeKit and see if there is anything under Homes. If so, delete it by tapping on Edit in the upper right.
    6. Go into your iPhone's Settings > Privacy > HomeKit and tap on Reset HomeKit Configuration... to reset the HomeKit information on the iPhone.

Brian, I am having the same problem. Trying your solution but do not have a "HomeKit" option under settings. What am I missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast