Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9.2/3 to 10.0

9.2/3 to 10.0

Pulled this from the HWQS forum posted by geofry

Thanks guys for the notification. I just downloaded and installed 10.0 - I am trying to upgrade from 9.2 and during the performing conversion process it fails at 88% and says to email Lutron. Anyone else have this issue?

Oops just noticed this is a HWQS thread - I'm on RR2

I had the same problem with a 9.2 file. Updated 9.2 file to 9.3 then to 10 and it worked.

OK, that was on my Vista laptop.
    Have converted 4 files this morning, one of them being 9.1 and all worked on windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    OK, that was on my Vista laptop.
    Have converted 4 files this morning, one of them being 9.1 and all worked on windows 10.
    Windows 10.

Fails at 87%. Coming from 9.3.

+1 - had this problem too. Failed at 88% coming from 9.2, so went to 9.3 and fails consistently at 87%. On Windows 8.1

Edit: Whoops, thanks for pulling my comment on the wrong thread :)

Interesting. So then I suspect there could be a release 10.1 in the very near future, with this many people having conversion problems.

Ran an update from 9.2 to 10.0 last night wirelessly. Hung up at 100% and never completed. Cancelled the transfer. Twice. I put a rollback on my kitchen as a test, it did not roll back. Looks like I'll try hardwired tonight.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Upgrade worked fine for me, but the project I upgraded was a small/simple one.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Ran an update from 9.2 to 10.0 last night wirelessly. Hung up at 100% and never completed. Cancelled the transfer. Twice. I put a rollback on my kitchen as a test, it did not roll back. Looks like I'll try hardwired tonight.
    I know SDR knows never go wireless on a major update unless you really need to. Probably like me you where to impatient and though "I'll give it a shot"
    Think that's what bricked my repeater 1 on a two main yesterday during activation. I'm currently installing new now.
    On another note found out with tech help that even though I had all firewalls off in the main firewall screen that there was still a setting under Advanced Setting/Domain Profile that still had firewall on. Not sure if this effects anyone issues on this post but worth looking into.

I'm 99% sure OP is referring to opening the 9.3 customer file in the 10.0 software and the automatic conversion it does is hanging, not actually doing the hardware upgrade. I'm having the same issue converting files from 9.3 to 10.0. It hangs at 87% and says to email support. I'm getting ready to start activating 10 units in an MDU Friday and wanted to start deploying 10.0. Looks like that's not happening yet.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Our Engineering team has identified what is causing some project files to fail updating from 9.2 and 9.3 to fail converting to 10.0. We are working on a patch release of the software and that should be released in the next few days. In the mean time we do have a work around, the cause of the issue is having any keypad button type set as a Shade Toggle. To get a project file to upgrade you can change the button type, convert the project to 10.0 and then change the button type back to Shade Toggle in the 10.0 version of the project. Once the software patch is released, this will not need to be done.

11. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast