Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro Digital Dimmer not programming the way it should

Maestro Digital Dimmer not programming the way it should

I picked up a MACL-153MR-WH to control an overhead fixture with 3 Philips 9.5W Soft White with Glow Effect LED bulbs. It works fine, except for the fact that I believe it should have advanced programming (APM) features as covered in app note #459, but instead it behaves according to app note #124 (limited to only 3 programming options rather than 7, and the settings for those three are different). My packaging clearly specifies that I have a C.L device, so app note #459 should govern. Any ideas?

Didn't make the 5 minute deadline to edit my message with the link to both app notes...

App note #459

App note #124

Think I figured it out

Called technical support (great service there) and someone there confirmed my suspicion, however improbable it seemed - that likely some MA-600's were incorrectly packaged as MACL-153's. As I look at the label on the switch itself, it is in fact marked an MA-600. The package discloses that the MACL-153 is a replacement for the MA-600, so that didn't phase me at first glance, but now that I know the two actually perform differently, it changes things. In my particular case, someone in the Lutron factory seems to have mistakenly used an MA-600 as a replacement for the MACL-153 I thought I was buying. (The box was glued shut as from the factory, and didn't look like a returned product, fwiw)

Frustrating to have to swap this switch out, but at least I can stop trying to convince myself I'm not losing my mind with this technical oddity. I'll be sure to open the box and check the switch itself when I swap out for a replacement, though.

Administrator
    leftbrain99, thank you for the feedback. I will forward this information to manufacturing.