Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ra2 random dimmers going down to off and right back on

Ra2 random dimmers going down to off and right back on

Iv'e had Radio Ra2 for 3 years and a couple months ago something started where at random times dimmers that were on already will dim down to off and shoot back on to where they were. this happens multiple times a day. I have no timeclocks set. I even just changed the main repeater and its still happening. software is all up to date. Any Ideas?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi GF2121, this could be caused by several different things. I would recommend contacting your dealer so they can try troubleshooting the system and if needed, can send us a Support File to review and see if we can determine what may be causing this to happen.

I have but they haven't found anything

Quote Originally Posted by GF2121 View Post
    I have but they haven't found anything

GF2121- I would contact the original installer, or a local Level 2 RA2 programmer to take a look. They would need to be hooked up to your system to generate a system support file that they can email Lutron. The boys back in PA can look at many things even the best RA2/HWQS installer cannot inside that support file. They may be able to see something out of the ordinary to better help solve the problem.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I'm an installer/programming and I've been experiencing something very similar. I have a whole section of house that randomly turns itself off and then back on. I was there last night...plugged into the AV switch that my 2 main repeaters and bridge are connected to and within 5 minutes the whole basement turned off and came back on. 15 minutes later it did it again. I was not transferring. I've been told that during regular business hours it happens as well. I've sent the programming into Lutron and they can't find anything that would prompt this. I also have a Master bedroom lamp that seems to be turning itself on at 4:30 am, but not every day. I've check my time clock events to see if this load somehow made it on to a scene, but everything seems good. It's so frustrating. So now I've got to bring in my own router, create a separate network within the house to see if it's my system or the AV system in which I'm currently accessing the wi-fi from. Does anyone have any insight for me...Great client, want him to be happy. Had Classic Ra prior and upgraded with the whole house remodel.

Stacy, did you send us your project file or a support file. If the Main Repeater is telling the lights to turn on and off or reset then we should be able to see in the support file what caused this to happen. Please be sure to include a rough time of when the event happens so we know where to start looking.

Yes, I did send the file in, but then also called and the person on the phone checked my programming and didn't see anything irregular. I'll have to send it to you again with the specific details. The bedroom lamp turns on around 4:30 AM but not every day. The Basement is erratic as well and I can't tell if there's anything else going on and off at the same time since I'm in the basement and usually alone. Last time I was there 8/10 approximately 7:30 pm and was within minutes of plugging into the switch that the 2 repeaters are plugged into. I'm wondering if there's just too much static on these AV network switches, or the repeaters are too close to each other, Or that the house network feeding our network static IP's does not have a static IP and is going into cyber world to get it's updated IP??, if such an event actually happens.

Stacy- Next time you are on site create a support file for us to review and try to find out the last time and day, and which load turned on by itself. Then we can look at the time and see what was happening in the log files.

will do. Hopefully soon. Thanks for the follow up

I had this issue with the CL dimmers. I replaced with the 6NA and it took care of it.
    I believe having the Neutral with the installed LED lights was the difference.
    Did not have any issues after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast