Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: App 3.4 update for iOS breaks Caseta functionality.

App 3.4 update for iOS breaks Caseta functionality.

Since updating my 3.4 on my iPhone 6s, I lost control over my Serena shades individually, and now have sporadic light control. Scenes involving my shades still work, but individual control does not work on any of them.

Light switch use in the app is also sporadic. Some lights work and others don't.

My wife's 6s had no issue when testing these above scenarios on 3.3, but as soon as I updated her to 3.4, she now has all the same issues immediately after updating the app.

I have an iPad Pro running the iPhone app version 3.3, and it has no issues at all so I won't be upgrading to 3.4.

Anyone else in the same boat? Very frustrating!

I figured out that I have control of all my devices (lights and shades) from the home screen, but not from the individual lights or shades screen (the one with All / Lights / Shades). In that screen nothing but Pico remotes work. Very odd.

So I can only control devices from the horizontally scrolling home screen, and not from the vertically scrolling individual devices screen.

Hopefully an app update will fix this. :(

Is anyone else's Siri Integration broken now too? Maybe I am having a separate issue

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlNole View Post
    Is anyone else's Siri Integration broken now too? Maybe I am having a separate issue
    That must be a different issue. No problems with Siri here.

Also, my original issue has been confirmed with Lutron to be a bug in the latest 3.4 app version for iOS. We should see an update before too long that fixes it.

My siri integration stopped working, too. Everything else still works. I tried unplugging bridge and reset as well. Siri still not working.

Interestingly, my siri still works for schlage locks, so i think it's a lutron problem.

Odd. My Siri integration works just fine. Just tested it again.

Lutron Technical Support
    If you are having issues with HomeKit and Siri Integration, here is a link to our HomeKit Troubleshooting Guide: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...otingGuide.pdf. Try signing out and back in to iCloud. You may need to reset the HomeKit data in the bridge and your smart phone.

Lutron app 3.4.1 update just released, which just fixed the app problem. Yay!

Hey guys! Idk what's wrong but the Lutron Caseta app isn't responsive after I updated to iOS 11.2.2 today. As I open the app it does nothing stuck/freezed all I can do is close it and repeat. Please help! :/

Quote Originally Posted by mrbansal View Post
    Hey guys! Idk what's wrong but the Lutron Caseta app isn't responsive after I updated to iOS 11.2.2 today. As I open the app it does nothing stuck/freezed all I can do is close it and repeat. Please help! :/
    I would try the following:

Maybe do a hard-restart of your device;
    Is there an update pending? If so install it;
    You might want to try deleting the app and then re-installing if you can't get past the screen.