Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another ceiling fan thread - removing Minke wireless module for RR2 control?

Quote Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    Did you find a way to control the fan direction remotely?
    Hey Josh, No. Changing direction was not a priority for me, but controlling from RA2 was. So it is setup to rotate only in one direction.

Hey Drockfresh, picking up this thread a few months later (hopefully you're still around!) Did you ever resolve the issue of your fan only spinning in one (the wrong, in your case) direction? I know I've seen that the reverse capability is only available via the remote... is that what you found? Did you come up with a way to at least manually switch the direction?

Veeeh, so are you saying that you have NO ability to change the fan's direction or that it's something you have to do manually? Or, when you hooked things up, did you have the ability to choose the direction of spin and you just have to live with it?

If there is no physical button on the fan to reverse direction, you will have to put the Minke receiver back in and set the fan to the correct direction. You will not be able to change direction once you remove the Minke receiver.

I prefer SDR-Mike's method. I put the fan on an 8ANS and use the manufacturer remote to control speed and direction.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks randyc, and yeah I agree that's probably the best solution out of the less-than-ideal choices. Can you (or anybody) comment on whether Minka fans will at least remember the 'state' they were in (fan speed + direction) when power is cycled?

I don't know if any were Minke but the ones I did, remembered their settings. Of course Murphy is ever present so it will change at some point.

If you go with the switch, leave the receiver in and use the remote to control direction and speed.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

For what it's worth, Minka support says that their fans reset to fan and lights turned OFF if the power cycles. Bummer.

8. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12