Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5WS-DV and Pico Functionality

PD-5WS-DV and Pico Functionality

I'm considering the PD-5WS-DV for on/off ceiling fan control and have a few questions about compatibility with the 5 button Pico dimmer remotes.

Will the 5 button Pico work with this switch or is a 2 button Pico required?
    Can a 5 button Pico be paired with an on/off switch and other caseta dimmer switches simultaneously?
    How do the 5 buttons work when there are on/off and dimmer switches paired to the Pico?

I have several 5 button Picos around the house with a variety of pairing schemes. For example, I have one 5 button Pico by the garage door that is paired with all of my dimmer switches. It is a convenient way to turn the whole house on/off when arriving/leaving. I also have a pair of Picos on my nightstand, one of which does the same as the garage Pico and the other is for bedroom lighting control only. I'd love to get some on/off ceiling fan control with the PD-5WS-DV switches and hope they can work with my existing Picos.

Thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    Will the 5 button Pico work with this switch or is a 2 button Pico required? The 5 button Pico will work with the PD-5WS-DV.
    Can a 5 button Pico be paired with an on/off switch and other caseta dimmer switches simultaneously? Yes, you can link the 5 button Pico to multiple dimmers and switches simultaniously.
    How do the 5 buttons work when there are on/off and dimmer switches paired to the Pico?

Lutron Technical Support
    - The On button turns both units on.
    - The Off button turns both units off.
    - The Favorite Scene button turns both units to whatever level you program as you favorite scene. By default, the dimmer goes to 50% and the switch goes on.
    - The Up Arrow button turns on and/or raises the dimmer level. It turns the switch on if it is off.
    - The Down Arrow button lowers the dimmer to its minimum level, but doesn't turn it off. It does nothing to the switch.

Thanks very much, Brian. It sounds like the 5 button Pico will work perfectly for my needs.