Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Setting up Lutron Connect app for the first time on RA2 system w/ Connect bridge

Cool Setting up Lutron Connect app for the first time on RA2 system w/ Connect bridge

When you commission a Lutron Connect bridge for the first time in a RadioRA 2 system, the next step is to discover the bridge from your Lutron Connect app. When you open the app, it prompts you to either Add a Home or Log In into Existing account. If you are doing this for the first time, chances are you must Add a Home and create new credentials (email/psswd). The trick is that you cannot use the same email address you use for the Caseta system. If you use the same address, the Connect Bridge will time out during registration. Hope this helps!

2. Thanks SDR-Mike, digit1 thanked for this post
    Haha. You would think Lutron staff would know that, right?

Thanks for heads up. This is 'broken' from my point of view. I need to use 1 address to set up any and all product.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Thanks for heads up. This is 'broken' from my point of view. I need to use 1 address to set up any and all product.

My guess is they are using the same cloud. One address would create conflict as two systems might operate at the same time.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Connect Bridge and Caseta systems do use the same servers, if using both system we recommend using a second email so each system has their own.

Here you go-
    1 client.
    3 properties with Radio Ra 2 systems. 4th under construction.
    Heavy user of remote access with Home Control Plus.
    I don't think telling this client to simply use different email addresses for each of his systems is anything less than silly.

8. Likes totesthouse liked this post
    What he said. Nest, for example, allows up to to physical home locations per account. Of course it is silly to limit just to two, four or five would be a better high limit, but it is better than nothing.

I think you can add multiple homes on Lutron Connect App, can't you? I might be wrong. Just curious how you solved this issue...

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can add multiple homes on Lutron Connect App, can't you? I might be wrong. Just curious how you solved this issue...

Yes, you can add multiple homes within the connect app. I just completed my Level 2 training and this was brought up in the class. Issue is only when your client has both a Caseta System and RA2 system. Since they are both using the same cloud/server it poses a conflict.

I have this situation now as I am completing a RA2 installation for a client that has a home in Vermont where they have a complete Caseta system. They will have to use an alternate email address for the new RA2 system.

12. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    So, as long as there isn't a Caseta system, you can have 5 Ra2 homes for 1 user on the connect app? Without having to log in and out using different email accounts for each home/Ra2 processor?