Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flashing Lights on PD-5WS-DV

Question Flashing Lights on PD-5WS-DV

I have installed several of these already thru the home. I was working on installing two of them today in two different 3-way setups. I kept track of the wire connected to the different color screw and my traveler wire was connected to the blue wire per instructions. On the other end I installed a 3-way Leviton lit switch on both of these. I do not think it would be any different but noted it in case it does as they are the only two lit 3-ways I have ever installed. I also installed the jumper wire on the mechanical switch end between the two different color screws that have the black wires attached per instructions. Now I have already done probably 8 different 3-way setups like this throughout my home already but the Leviton switches were not the lit ones though I cannot imagine that would make a difference.

Anyway, if I have the mechanical switch in the off position on either one of them and turn the Lutron switch on, they begin flashing. However, if I turn the mechanical switch to the on position, the lights act normal from the Lutron switch end. What am I missed as I have driven myself up a wall trying to figure out the obvious. All wire nut connections appear to be solid and good as I have verified them all twice and the wire connections to the mechanical appear to be good as well.

HELP!

Figured it out as no one else here apparently had any ideas. Apparently, the current draw from the illumination in the switch somehow affects the Lutron switch. I used a non-illuminated 3-way and BOOM...works fine no problem. Go figure.