Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vacation Mode?

Vacation Mode?

We have always had a problem with Vacation Mode in HWI, making it unusable in second homes that stay unoccupied, as after 14 days, the lights just turn off.

Can someone explain how the vacation mode on HWQS randomizes the selected lights?

I believe you can actually print a report showing what levels and what lights at what time. Im pretty sure I've seen that report

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by thefish View Post
    We have always had a problem with Vacation Mode in HWI, making it unusable in second homes that stay unoccupied, as after 14 days, the lights just turn off.

Can someone explain how the vacation mode on HWQS randomizes the selected lights?
    To answer the original question, there are two layers of randomization to the HWQS security mode. The first layer is that when a load is selected to be a part of security mode it will be programmed to turn on and off from a random subset of the events which occur throughout the home at half hour increments. The second layer of randomization is handled by the system. From night to night the system will take the events programmed at half hour increments and activate them with +/-30 minute randomization so that the house will never behave exactly the same two nights in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I believe you can actually print a report showing what levels and what lights at what time. Im pretty sure I've seen that report
    This is correct, there is a report which can be printed from the 'program>vacation mode' screen in the upper right hand corner. This report will show the list of events that will occur in the system while vacation mode is active. Here is one example: Vacation Mode Report.pdf You will notice that there is no event at the end that says all the lights are turning off, however they will all turn off at the specified end time as noted in the header.

On this topic, how can you tell from the terminal if the system is in vacation mode?? I don't see the command in any of the dropdown menus? Running version 6.0.1.

Trying to create a button on a Seetouch keypad called Away. It should toggle vacation mode only with 2 second press-hold actions. LED logic should be on when enabled, off otherwise. The motivation is to prevent accidental enabling/disabling of vacation mode. Do i have to use conditionals and variables to do this?

i'm ok with a single tap press to disable away mode for now. Tried a single action button with reverse led scene logic, but when you tap the button while the led is off, it still turns the LED on for about a second and then turns back off... that's confusing if you want to just quickly press and glance/leave.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    In the terminal screen, you can send the command "getvacationmode" to verify if vacation mode is enabled or disabled.
    As for toggling vacation mode in a hold, you could do this in a conditional button. The Hold tab should look like the following:

If Vacation Mode is Enabled
    Disable Vacation Mode
    If Vacation Mode is Disabled
    Enable Vacation Mode

The LED logic should be set to scene and the LED should be based on the "Enable Vacation Mode" scene

8. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post