Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inconsistent program data Lutron app between iPhone and iPad

Inconsistent program data Lutron app between iPhone and iPad

After it appeared that I successfully programmed the desired schedules for a set of Caseta switches and dimmer modules, I discovered an inconsistency in the appearance of said schedule between the Lutron app running on my iPhone versus the one on my iPad. In one specific automated schedule entry viewable from my iPad, it correctly shows the time, selected device and setting (off). However, attempting to view the exact same item on my iPhone, it displays the time but no devices are associated with that entry. I have "force closed" the Lutron app and restarted it on the iPhone, but it appears the same. It's suggestive, to me, that perhaps there may be a caching problem? Short of deleting the Lutron app and reinstalling it, is there an alternative means by which I can force the iPhone Lutron app to re-read the programming data (presumably) written to the Smart Bridge? Curiously, when I attempted to specify the troublesome device that is not shown associated with the program entry on the iPhone, the Lutron app complains that it cannot access or see that device. However, I *can* access that device -- from that same iPhone -- using the Lutron app in other places (e.g. the Lutron app's Home screen) where I can turn it off/on. Similarly, issuing a Siri voice-command on that same iPhone completes successfully. This is with Lutron app version 3.3 (according to the Help screen).

EDIT: The version of the Lutron app running on my iPad is 3.2.2 (which doesn't manifest the problem) whereas the version on my iPhone is 3.3 which suffers from the issue as described.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by autom8home View Post
    After it appeared that I successfully programmed the desired schedules for a set of Caseta switches and dimmer modules, I discovered an inconsistency in the appearance of said schedule between the Lutron app running on my iPhone versus the one on my iPad. In one specific automated schedule entry viewable from my iPad, it correctly shows the time, selected device and setting (off). However, attempting to view the exact same item on my iPhone, it displays the time but no devices are associated with that entry. I have "force closed" the Lutron app and restarted it on the iPhone, but it appears the same. It's suggestive, to me, that perhaps there may be a caching problem? Short of deleting the Lutron app and reinstalling it, is there an alternative means by which I can force the iPhone Lutron app to re-read the programming data (presumably) written to the Smart Bridge? Curiously, when I attempted to specify the troublesome device that is not shown associated with the program entry on the iPhone, the Lutron app complains that it cannot access or see that device. However, I *can* access that device -- from that same iPhone -- using the Lutron app in other places (e.g. the Lutron app's Home screen) where I can turn it off/on. Similarly, issuing a Siri voice-command on that same iPhone completes successfully. This is with Lutron app version 3.3 (according to the Help screen).
    We ran into a very similar issue with another user today, and it was resolved by doing a uninstall/reinstall of the Caseta app. The issue has been reported to our engineering department and they are currently investigating the cause. We realize that this process is slightly cumbersome and appolgize for the inconvenience