Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grafik QS and switch lost "connection" and can't reactivate

Grafik QS and switch lost "connection" and can't reactivate

I have 31 devices on a RadioRA2 master controller that have been generally working fine. The Grafik Eye is less than a year old as is the switch. I made some programming changes and when trying to transfer, it said these two were not responding. Tried a few more times, no luck. So I deactivated them in the software, reset them on the devices, and then tried to reactivate. The Grafik Eye *knows* when I enter activation mode as it shows "press OK to activate," but the software/repeater does not seem to respond. Any ideas?

My programmer radar went off as I typed that... I have 34 devices actually (according to RRA software) and 2 aren't working. Is there something special about the 32 device mark?

I managed to re-activate the Grafik Eye by just pressing the ok button a lot in rapid succession and eventually I heard the repeater blink and it's activated. BUT, I can't get it to transfer the programming to it.

Every once in a while (say 1 of 5 attempts), it will say "The device's preset database was not updated." What is this indicating?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by djmax View Post
    Every once in a while (say 1 of 5 attempts), it will say "The device's preset database was not updated." What is this indicating?
    This may be an indication that the device is near the edge of communication and is not able to get a database transfer from the Main Repeater. Without looking at a support file, it would be difficult to say for sure though.