Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Press and Hold-Add a keypad or repeater Beep?

Press and Hold-Add a keypad or repeater Beep?

I would like to provide some sort of feedback to the customer for a press and hold that activates a scene that is hidden from view. Specifically, upon exiting the home, they can press and hold an away button that sets seetemps to an away temperature.

Is there a way to add some audible feedback so they know the scene took?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for this feedback, at this time there is no way of having audible feedback for a scene in the HWQS software. You may set the specific LED logic of the button to turn on if the scene is in place as the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Thank you for this feedback, at this time there is no way of having audible feedback for a scene in the HWQS software. You may set the specific LED logic of the button to turn on if the scene is in place as the feedback.
    OK, Thanks.

If I want feedback for the customer, am I correct in assuming I can program that button to set tstats to an away temp, and then run a 4 step automatic sequence to flash some can lights?

Just off the top of my head without really writing the program out I would say use a sequence. A sequence can define how a button led actually reacts. Use the button to set sequence steps and on a hold set to a specific step and have that step do a rapid blink of the led as an indicator that the see temps are set to desired level

5. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    I like the repeater beep idea. Definitely one to keep in mind. The sequence idea to get a rapid flashing LED should work. One way to achieve audible feedback would be to use some sort of buzzer driven by a CCO on a QSE-IO.