Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second hub not showing in app

Second hub not showing in app

I added a second Caseta pro bridge in my home, as I’m going to hit the 75 device limit on the first. Added the second hub to my Lutron account using the app on my iPad; I can toggle back and forth between the hubs using the ‘homes’ icon in the upper right, and administer devices added to the second hub. (Devices on both hubs appear seamlessly in Apple Home, by the way, and can be voice controlled with Siri. I believe Alexa will only integrate with one hub.)

The problem comes when I use the Lutron app on my iPhone: the ‘homes’ icon does not appear on the upper right as it does on the iPad app. Both are signed into the same account. I shouldn’t have to go through the process of adding the hub again on the phone, correct? The second hub is recognized by the account, rather than the individual app running on each device, correct? I thought to sign out and back in on the app, but when I go to Settings > Account, the Sign out option does not appear; the bottom line on the screen shows the Pro Installer Mode choice, and won’t let me scroll down to where the Sign out choice should be below it. What am I missing here?

Figured it out; the second hub being available is specific to the individual device/app, rather than being available to any device logged into the account. I went through the settings > account > add home process on the app on the phone, only this time selected ‘no’ to the question if I was setting up a new Caseta system. Now the ‘homes’ icon appears and both hubs are available.

I’m still not sure why the phone app won’t let me log out, however…

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dangarwood,

Sorry to hear about this discrepancy between the iPad and iPhone version of the Lutron app. If both devices are signed into the same account, both hubs should show up on each device. Now that both hubs are successfully added, could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Lutron app on your devices to see if everything properly matches up?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dangarwood, thank you for your question. When a second Home is added, it should be available on all devices signed into that account. We may recommend deleting and re-downloading the Lutron App on your phone, in order to hopefully rectify the sign-out discrepancy. We hope this helps!

Yes, I had tried to add the app on another phone, and it found both hubs without problems. Makes a lot more sense than having to add the second hub to each device. I deleted the app off my phone and re-downloaded; everything seems to work, but it still won’t show me a sign out option under account. I’m not clear why, but since I don’t have any reason to need to sign out it’s not worth chasing.

on the subject of phones, I have the Lutron widget enabled on my iPhone for quick access to selected lights when outside the house. Tried to set this up on another iPhone, and can configure the desired lights on the app for the widget under settings, but the phone cannot find the Lutron widget when searching. This is clearly a phone issue (probably some setting somewhere) and not a Lutron issue, but any ideas?

thanks for your help!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dangarwood,

Could you please upload a screenshot from the Lutron app under Settings > Account?

The widget must be added to the users device. Please swipe all the way to the right to open the devices widgets. Then, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit. Then, scroll to the bottom again and hit Customize. Please add the Lutron widget by tapping the "+".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_603E52900C15-1.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	1091

See above screen shot. The log out option should be below the pro installer mode option, but it won’t show it, or allow me to scroll down.

The widget process described above is what I have used, but it does not work on the one phone. When I hit edit > customize, it does not show the Lutron widget under the ‘more widgets’ choices. When I hit edit, then the + sign upper right, then enter ‘Lutron’ in the search widgets bar, it does not find it. Searching on line for this issue, all I’ve found so far says if this procedure doesn’t return a widget, the app in question does not support them, but this clearly isn’t the situation here. Again, this process worked on one iPhone, but did not work on another, up to date iPhone running the same iOS.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello dangarwood,

I have recorded a short video showing this widget configuration. Can you please confirm what you may be seeing as opposed to what is in that video?

That link takes me to a login for Microsoft on line, which I don’t have - ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast