Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Layout for using HomeControlPlus App

Layout for using HomeControlPlus App

I'm wondering if there are any "best Practices" for designing a system when you will use the home control plus app?

I'm having a hard time understanding how to make all this seamlessly work. In Illumination, it was fairly easy, as you just enabled the web keypad on the keypads you wanted to be visible, but in QS, it seems to me that it is all tied to the Integration ID, and that greatly limits things.

Possibly I just don't understand, but in a situation where you want the customer to only see specific keypads, both real and phantom, on the home control app, but need all the keypads and dimmers, available for 3rd party integration, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Phantom keypads are only supported for integration and are not supported on the Lutron Home Control+ application. You can add any number of keypads that can be link assigned but do not need to be activated to serve as a "virtual" or "phantom" keypad in the system. You can add programming to it and upon transfer, the integration ID will make it visible in the LHC+ app and the programming in the buttons will be executed.

You are correct, as the visibility in the LHC+ app depends on the integration ID of a device, having a device unavailable in the app will also make it unavailable for integration. Thank you for this feedback. It is important as we keep developing our products to match our customer's specifications and requirements.

Thanks.
    I think this is a fundamental flaw in the software. At the end of the day, we should not have any "unactivated" product in a working system. Just my 2c.