Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: devices not working after an upload...sometimes...

Exclamation devices not working after an upload...sometimes...

while this posts mentions shades, I believe this is a QS issue...

I have a client with a large QS system with a mix of RF devices (shades, keypads, dimmers/switches) and RPM controlled lighting. System was rock-solid and client wanted a tweak in the programming; made the change, uploaded (not a "force full upload"), checked the new programming to make sure it worked and left.

A few days later, client calls and says his RF controlled shades are not working properly, sometimes they work and sometimes they won't; no rhyme or reason on which ones are acting up...they are programmed to open/close based on time clock programming and at times 4 shades may move properly, sometimes just 1, sometimes 2, etc. I go out and replace the batteries, but its still not working correctly.

I then upload the original programming but use the "force full upload" option, still flaky.

I then went into and exited activation and then performed a full upload, system has been solid ever since.

comment/thoughts?

I'm having the same type of issues and waiting for over 3 weeks for tech support for answers. What version software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by acculite View Post
    I'm having the same type of issues and waiting for over 3 weeks for tech support for answers. What version software are you using?
    currently 8.5.0 but I have seen this same issue with 8.3.0 (and earlier versions which I don't recall)

I'm still seeing this issue; I am now getting into the habit of starting then ending activation mode before I upload any programming changes regardless of the scope of the change. Any one from Lutron tech support care to comment?

thanks

5. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Hello jkvossen,
    We can help see if we can determine the problem. The next time you are able to replicate the issue create a support file using the software. The send us the support file at hwsupport@lutron.com for review. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello jkvossen,
    We can help see if we can determine the problem. The next time you are able to replicate the issue create a support file using the software. The send us the support file at hwsupport@lutron.com for review. Thank you.
    will do...thanks