Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Support for multiple devices with Connect app?

Support for multiple devices with Connect app?

Is the Connect app supposed to be able to support being used my multiple devices at the same time? All being logged in using the same username/password.

I've had it open on an android tablet (and noticed the lack of thermostats) and then I opened it on my S7 phone. The S7 presented an error message about not being connect. It's hard to repeat the error, as it doesn't happen every time. But it's happened often enough to make me want ask if simultaneous multiple device access is supposed to work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Is the Connect app supposed to be able to support being used my multiple devices at the same time? All being logged in using the same username/password.

I've had it open on an android tablet (and noticed the lack of thermostats) and then I opened it on my S7 phone. The S7 presented an error message about not being connect. It's hard to repeat the error, as it doesn't happen every time. But it's happened often enough to make me want ask if simultaneous multiple device access is supposed to work or not.
    I haven't had any issues using two devices at the same time. I have a lot of inconsistency though. The app logs out at random. Has trouble making changes to the Luton Honeywell Stats. Some times changes to scheduling won't save, sometimes I can't change the heat cool mode. Sometimes the Thermostat data doesn't load. I have emailed support a few times, the response has been we are aware and working on improvements.

I am adding a bridge to my system tonight and 3 more next week more fun ahead :-)

With the Honeywell web-based thermostats all I can do is bump the temp +/- on heat and cool. Which is kind of problematic as the thermostats have separate modes for that. Using the 'wrong' temp controls changes the mode, which may not be as desired. The web API from Honeywell does expose the current operating mode, along with whether it's following a schedule, on a temporary hold, or a permanent one. That and vacation scheduling is accessible in the Honeywell app. I don't expect all of that here, of course.

So while 'some' control is great, a bit more here would be most appreciated. It's on the right track, looking forward to progress!

I haven't spent enough time in the app to have encountered problems with it logging out. I have, however, had to put up with interminable delays as it re-downloads at odd intervals. This not when anything else is going on with the system (no Inclusive programming or anything else, just scheduled events and actual switch usage).