Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Appliance module for ice maker noise?

Appliance module for ice maker noise?

I've never done this, but seems reasonable.

Any best practices? Turn off for x hours, with a button press? Turn on with a button press? I'm thinking of controlling with a discrete/hidden Pico, in a cabinet.

Any issues for integrated pump?

Appliance is a Scotsman Brilliance under-counter.

Thanks for any input from anyone who has done this. I'm controlling with RA2, but thought there might be more experience with this in the QS forum.

Which Pico? 2B? 3B? 4B, with scenes?

Someone doesn't want to hear the ice cubes being dumped during off-hours? Would schedules not work for this?

I'd think the biggest concern would be melting of whatever ice was already made.

There's nothing in RA2 that would allow for a delayed sequence turning power on again. There isn't a way to push a Pico button and have it automatically return to powered on after a set amount of time. You could kind of get around that by just having a regularly scheduled power-on event. As in, if someone pressed the Pico the device would stay off until that scheduled event time. If the device was already powered on the event would do nothing (it's not a toggle).

Thanks, wkearney99.

I was going to strictly use the Pico for off/on functionality.

But, could the new Rollback feature be used as a timer, to turn the load back on? Designed to turn off loads, I wonder if turning on is an option after a delay.

Yeah, scheduled would probably also work OK, though it's a pretty uncommon occurrence that we would actually need the ice maker (and integrated water pump) turned off.

I guess I should do some testing to make sure that a bin full of ice won't cause a flood, with melting, if the ice maker is left off indefinitely. Ice maker manual doesn't say anything about doing that - pretty sure it won't be an issue, but I'm the careful type.

Off/on only, I'm leaning toward a 2-button Pico.