Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connect Bridge and Logitech Harmony remote?

Connect Bridge and Logitech Harmony remote?

Anyone know if the Connect Bridge will work with a Logitech Harmony Elite remote? I know the Caseta Smart Bridge works with it.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Harmony remote will need to send the commands to the Main Repeater, not the Connect Bridge. If there is an Ethernet hub for the Harmony to send standard Integration commands to the Main Repeater, it would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    The Harmony remote will need to send the commands to the Main Repeater, not the Connect Bridge. If there is an Ethernet hub for the Harmony to send standard Integration commands to the Main Repeater, it would work fine.
    Mike: I'm confused by what you said. Not sure if you knew, but the harmony elite I believe uses the wifi harmony hub. This Logitech system directly works the caseta system, and so I think the OP is asking if the harmony hub will directly talk to the connect bridge? It's not a generic question about integration. Since the harmony hub directly works the caseta smart bridge, it is being asked if the connect bridge can be directly controlled in the same manner by the harmony hub.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Eric- I understand the question, adding the Connect Bridge does not change the way that Radio Ra2 is integrated with other systems. It will not allow system to directly integrate with the Bridge at this time, so for a Remote to integrate with Radio Ra2 it would still need a hub or processor to send Ethernet or RS-232 commands to the Main Repeater.

It seems like after reading here and in the QS forum Im starting to think the "BRIDGE" adds extend functionality to the new Lutron app but really brings no features to the system its self. Just my 2 cents

Agreed. It is very disappointing that the Logitech harmony hub works with caseta smart bridge but not the connect bridge. I actually don't even believe that could be true.

I have to agree Caseta's bridge is far superior to Ra's. Very disappointing. Geofencing only reminds about lights on. I wasn't hoping to change 200 devices when I leave but it would be nice to adjust a few. Like turn off the garage lights or something. Better cross integration would be great. I love the harmony elite too. It integrates Caseta perfectly and painlessly. Hoping this improves.

Has anyone had any luck on this matter? I am facing the same issue here -- just want to control home theater lights with the remote.

Still the only work around after all these years is to program the harming to only use IR. Then point the wand remote to the keypad and use the appropriate command that corresponds to the keypad button (1-5). You do not need a 5 button with IR window but it does work better.

It’s so disappointing that Lutron never fixed this.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

i have the HW illumination system and just got the harmony remote, it works great on everything except my Lutron system. only supported by the cassetta bridge. I just don't know how to go about getting it. can anyone help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast