Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why do I constantly have to reboot my main repeater?

Why do I constantly have to reboot my main repeater?

We have had the same main repeater in the showroom for years. As long as I can remember, every time we need to do a firmware upgrade we need to reboot the unit to get it to show up. This has been going on for years. What can we do about it, and why does this happen?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    I would recommend creating a support file and send it to systemsupport@lutron.com so we can look at the log files. We should be able to see what is causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by totalcontrol View Post
    We have had the same main repeater in the showroom for years. As long as I can remember, every time we need to do a firmware upgrade we need to reboot the unit to get it to show up. This has been going on for years. What can we do about it, and why does this happen?
    Doing a firmware update doesn't really constitute "constantly". It has to happen, what, 2-3 times a year? And by doing so the repeater has a chance to reload the settings and clear itself out. Not that much trouble, I'd say...

Not sure what frequency of a problem or issue makes it "not a problem". It's not just firmware, it's also performing system syncs when changes are made, which is not often either. Besides, I like to understand why this problem is happening, however often. I like to avoid issues with things that happen later that could be tied to this problem. Then I tell Lutron I have been having this problem for a long time and they ask me why I haven't mentioned it. Being a PSP dealer with an issue in the showplace doesn't really cut it...

ive had issues not seeing the main repeater on my network as well. ive traced it down to the network switch i have it plugged into. if i power cycle the switch, the repeater will then show up. just a thought...