Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party occupancy sensor programming

3rd Party occupancy sensor programming

I am using 2x Danlers volt free switching occupancy sensors connected to the cci input if a seetouch international keypad to control some stair lights. I have one at the top of the stairs and another at the bottom. I'm finding that for some reason only one sensor is triggering the lights. I have tested the cci and shorting out the contacts brings in the lights. I have also replaced the occ sensor thinking it was faulty to no avail?

am I missing something simple, maybe some conditional programming is required?

Hello jwbcinergy,
    Assuming that you have wired the sensors in parallel back to a single cci, I would guess there is an issue with the wiring. We know that the CCI works to initiate the programming. We also know that you have replaced the sensor. The last test to run to reinforce that the problem isn't the CCI or the sensor would be to wire the sensor that has been working in place of the one that hasn't been working.
    You also may want to check with Danlers to confirm the sensors are supported for your application.

Thank you Blair S.

The two sensors are wired to the back of two different CCI's. Is this what may be causing the issue?

It may its all dependent on how you wrote the logic can you post what you have programmed

Mcignarella, I have only programmed a load on an LQSE4S10-D for switch on when the CCI contact is made and off when broken. There is no conditional logic currenlty programmed

Quote Originally Posted by jwbcinergy View Post
    Thank you Blair S.

The two sensors are wired to the back of two different CCI's. Is this what may be causing the issue?

A little confused here Is there one 2 conducted wire run going to each sensor that are wired on 2 separate cci ?

Yes. It was a bit of an afterthought and linking the 2 core cci cable between sensors was near impossible!

So sounds like you have each sensor on a separate CCI. This means each cci needs to be programed separately. However are you trying to make it so when either sensor has motion the lights will go on and when motion is clear and timer runs down the lights go off ? If this is the case I would recommend doing this conditionally with a variable and logic. If I'm correct in assuming what your trying to do you will see the lights go on and off unexpectedly. This would happen when motion is triggered then move to motion 2 and thats triggered then motion 1 runs down it will throw lights off even know motion 2 still has motion. Im assuming these 2 cci's are not near each other or you would have just paralleled the wires together at the cci.

mcignarella, that is absolutely correct. Thanks for putting into understandable words for me. I don't even know where to start with the conditional logic required to avoid the current odd behaviour. The 3rd party sensors have built in time adjustment screw which is really guesswork how long the time-out is set to!
    Would you recommend setting this to minimum?
    Any guidance on how I might program this would be much appreciated.

I try and help Do these sensors pulse the cci or are they maintained closed when there is motion + timer ??

I would set the timer on the motions as low as possible and if you need more time added we can do that in the logic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast