Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serena Shade Preset

Serena Shade Preset

I just installed a Serena Shade into my Caseta system. I paired it in my app as well as with a Pico remote. I know how to set the pre-set level on the Pico; how do I set the preset for the shade in the app? When I click on the shade in the app, I get symbols for full up and full down, triangles for incremental up and down, and then there's a star in the middle which I assume is for a preset. By default, that takes it to 50%. Can I adjust that preset? I've tried holding it - no dice. Ideas? Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    You would need to set the Serena shade preset using the physical Pico, not the one in the app.
    Move the Serena shade to the level you want it to be at for the preset, and then hold the center button on the physical Pico that controls the shade for 6 seconds.
    This will set the preset to the new level.

I did that. I set it at 30% lowered. Works fine for the preset button on the physical pico. On the app, the middle preset star takes it to 50%.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The preset level in the app cannot be adjusted at this time, but it may be supported in the future. For now, pressing the preset button in the app will always set the shades to 50%, as you've noticed. If you'd like your shades to go to a different level I'd suggest creating a manual scene in the app for that.

Thank you Eric, finally someone who knows the system. I appreciate your help. If I may, can you answer another question for me - I tired in another thread but people just don't understand. I have Siri set up, controls my Caseta lights just fine. I can't get it to control the shades though. I added the shades to Siri and that goes fine, but when I give a command to raise, lower, open, close, or percent, I get a "sorry, can't find the shade device" message. It's all set up correctly. I see this has been described in the past but I thought it was fixed. Help please? Thanks.

There is currently a bug in HomeKit where you can't control shades individually by their name, which someone may have already mentioned to you in another thread. However, if you say "open my shades" or "close my shades" all of your shades should open or close. Raise and lower should work as well. If you want to workaround the current bug, you can create Rooms in the Siri Integration menu and add shades to different rooms (i.e. put a kitchen shade in a room called Kitchen, just don't use the word "shade" in the room name). If that is still not working for you there's a couple things you can do/try.

1. Make sure you're running iOS 9 or later (preferably the latest version - 9.3.1 as of this post)
    2. Try renaming a shade and add it to a room
    3. Try power cycling your Smart Bridge
    4. Try power cycling your shades (remove and reinstall batteries)

Let me know how you make out. If none of this works you may need to reset your HomeKit settings and set it up again, but I'd rather not have you do until you've tried these suggestions.

Erik,
    Thanks so much. You're the first one to give good, working answers. My shade is named "Porch Shade." As you said, I can now get it to work by voice by just saying "shade" but not "porch shade." I had previously created a room in Siri called "Porch Shades" (s on the end, different from name), and added the shade to it. This didn't work, because, as you just told me, I used the word shade in the room name. I deleted that room and just added a room called "porch", but when I try to add "porch shade" to that room, I got a "this device is already assigned to a different room" message and it won't allow it to be changed, even though I deleted that other room. I am running latest IOS. I'm going to continue to try without recycling my smart bridge quite yet as I finally have everything else working great and don't want to rock the boat - may come to that however. Thanks so much.
    Russ

I'm not certain why you can't add the shade to the new room. My suspicion is that if you deleted the old room with the shade still in it, HomeKit may still think it's in that deleted room and won't let you add it to your new room. If you delete the shade from the app and then add it again you may be able to add it to your porch room. Just a suggestion. If you try that and it works please let me know so that we can work with Apple to have that corrected. We're also currently working with them to resolve the current issue where you can't control individual shades by name using Siri. Once that's resolved you won't need to do this room workaround for shades.

Eric, I did delete the room with the shade in it. Nevertheless, I just went back and was able to add a new room and put the shade in it. Worked fine, however, I then realized it really wouldn't give me any capability I didn't already have! All I wanted to do was be able to set the shade 30% down to block the sun at a certain time of day. I did that simply with a new scene. I do agree that we need to be able to use the individual shade names with Siri. I hope that's fixed soon. Thanks for your help.
    Russ

If you're now able to control the shade using Siri in the new room you added, you could also set your shade to 30% by asking Siri to "set my [room name] shade to 30%". That should work, as well as the scene you created. Just gives you more options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast