Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ra Classic/ Original

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Ra Classic/ Original

We received this question from a customer, and thought others might be interested in this topic...

I heard that original Radio RA has been discontinued. Can we still get devices for the RA Classic lighting control system system?

While the product is obsolete, there is the chance a part is still in stock. I would recommend contacting the Obsolete Products group at obsoleteproducts@lutron.com. Be sure to include the part numbers you are looking to replace, the color of those parts (if appropriate), and the quantity of the part.

Thanks you for your reply Ty W.
    I have one more question. If the parts are in-stock, can I order them for a new install?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic F. View Post
    Thanks you for your reply Ty W.
    I have one more question. If the parts are in-stock, can I order them for a new install?
    Parts for new installs are not available for order. Since the system is obsolete, any parts still in stock are reserved for replacement only. For a new installation I would recommend using the Radio RA 2 system.

5. Thanks Vic F. thanked for this post
    Kevin, have a customer who wants to upgrade from Classic to RR2. He wants the iPad app, sensor, and ability to intergrate an alarm panel. Is Lutron still offering rebates per device to upgrade? To buy new controls, remove old, instal new, and program will be expensive. But worth it if Lutron will support. The home will increase in value. And the user experince will greatly improve. Wait till I sell him shades to go with it...

Sounds like a great plan! Upgrade incentives may apply - I would recommend working with your local Lutron representative so he/she can work with you to determine any upgrade incentives that would apply to this job site.

CableDude

I took this from the Ra2 resource site

It should apply

RadioRA Classic Upgrade Program
    For years your customers have enjoyed the ambiance, comfort, and convenience that RadioRA affords. The RadioRA Classic Upgrade Program gives you an opportunity to replace and expand their RadioRA system to RadioRA 2, giving them the benefits of connectivity through their mobile devices, as well as energy savings through new HVAC controls, motorized shades, plug-in controls, and more. In addition to a customer loyalty discount, systems upgraded from RadioRA to RadioRA 2, using this program, earn an extended 3-year full warranty.This program expires December 31, 2013 and is valid for U.S. customers only

Thanks mcignarella. Will report back and on how everything went. It sounds like Lutron will offer some cash for the old Classic controls when they are sent in and extend warrenty. Going to try and make it work.

Ra-net 120

Does anyone have the software they can send me for the nci interface? It looks like I made the mistake of clicking auto upgrade in the advanced menu of the system. It wiped out the old file and tried to update it from a defunct in2nets web page. It looks like in2nets are out of business and as a result no file can be found. Pls help

Hi, have you found out the update files for it or figured this out? I made exactly the same mistake and clicked that upgrade button, and now it's been rendered useless.

Quote Originally Posted by omarcheli View Post
    Does anyone have the software they can send me for the nci interface? It looks like I made the mistake of clicking auto upgrade in the advanced menu of the system. It wiped out the old file and tried to update it from a defunct in2nets web page. It looks like in2nets are out of business and as a result no file can be found. Pls help