Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Faceplates for RadioRA2 system

Question Faceplates for RadioRA2 system

Is it fair to assume that ClaroŽ is the only faceplate that we can use with RA2 systems? I keep seeing some keypads mounted on Nova-T faceplates, but not sure if that's for HomeWorks QS... Thank you all.

Claro plates or any standard screw type "Decora" plate will work. You are correct that the Nova plates (architectural in lutron-speak) work with a specific keypad type in HWQS. Keep in mind that the Graphik-T keypads will be coming online shortly with the release of 10.0. Completely new look and plates.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks Dimerize thanked for this post
    Likes Dimerize liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Claro plates or any standard screw type "Decora" plate will work. You are correct that the Nova plates (architectural in lutron-speak) work with a specific keypad type in HWQS. Keep in mind that the Graphik-T keypads will be coming online shortly with the release of 10.0. Completely new look and plates.
    Thanks for the help. You always reply to my threads and help me a lot, really appreciated!
    I saw the Grafik-T, dimmer or hybrid keypad, pretty amazing. Do you know max number of buttons for the Grafik-T Keypad? Is it 6? I also saw a picture where we can program couple of buttons to be Raise/Lower.

I believe it will be 6. Just watch the budget, they will be more expensive. Nice thing is the metals will come to RA2 now with the GraphikT.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you have a client that would like to use Architectural faceplates then you could use a NT-R3-NFB-XX. Please keep in mind that these only come in Architectural matte colors and will not match the gloss colors that are standard in Radio Ra2.

7. Thanks Dimerize thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    If you have a client that would like to use Architectural faceplates then you could use a NT-R3-NFB-XX. Please keep in mind that these only come in Architectural matte colors and will not match the gloss colors that are standard in Radio Ra2.
    They want black buttons and metal satin nickel faceplate, so was thinking of doing Midnight buttons (satin) and satin nickel faceplate. Would that work? Thanks.

You can order the satin colors and the Claro Stainless plates (CW-#-SS) if you want Midnight and stainless. The good news is that is a common combinations and is a lot less expensive than the other metals (by about 75-80%).

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    You can order the satin colors and the Claro Stainless plates (CW-#-SS) if you want Midnight and stainless. The good news is that is a common combinations and is a lot less expensive than the other metals (by about 75-80%).
    Client doesn't like the ClaroŽ faceplates, he wants Architectural satin nickel. Also, note that the ClaroŽ shows the trim of the keypad (decora insert), whereas it appears the Nova-T hides it.