Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio Ra to Amazon Echo?

Radio Ra to Amazon Echo?

In 2007 I remodeled my home and made a small investment in RadioRa dimmers, control panel, RS232, and the network control interface. Of course I never got around to setting anything up for home automation/control. With all the talk about Amazon Echo it's got me rethinking. Any way to get the Echo to control the legacy RadioRa stuff or am I better off scrapping everything Lutron and starting over?

Hi Winger. I just joined this forum. I also have a Radio Ra legacy system in my home... installed in 2001. I've learned from talking with Lutron that the Radio Ra system will not work with the Amazon Echo. However, the Radio Ra2 will be able to work. If you want to use Lutron with Echo, you'll need to update to either a Radio Ra2 or one of the newer Lutron technologies.

Yeah. I bought some Casetta switches and the controller but haven't hooked them up yet.

One choice is to use a 3rd party automation system like Homeseer (among others). HS still has a legacy RA plug-in. I use HS3 as a bridge between my RA2 lighting (old house had RA1) and Amazon Echo. Yes, the native new Connect Bridge for RA2 has Echo integration, but I'm liking the additional programming features of HS3. Upside is I could potentially use both.

I still have some RA1 gear, saved from the old house. If you decide to keep RA1 and need extras I'd be willing part with them inexpensively.

I thought I would check to see if you had any Radio Ra dimmer switches that you would be willing to part with. Specifically, I am looking for a single pole model 600 with LEDs, Ivory color. I need to replace a failed switch that is in a gang of three installation.

Thanks!
    Bill

I'll have to check, later today. I probably have the switch but not sure about color.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I'll have to check, later today. I probably have the switch but not sure about color.
    Thanks for checking! Much appreciated!

Ok, got a bunch in ivory and white. These were working pulls from our old house before we tore it down. This was a complete setup. Repeaters, network, IR, entry, table dimmers... No clock though.

15 devices with ivory trim. I did not go through all of the white devices.

In Ivory:

1 RA-AS
    6 RAS-8L
    6 RALV-600L
    2 RA-600L

Which model are you looking to find?

If you're still interested let me know. Otherwise I'm going box these back up and put them away. Or if anyone else needs some old RA1 gear let me know. I'd be glad to part with them as they're just gathering dust here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast