Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Alarm.com integration

Alarm.com integration

Is anyone familiar with what type of integration caseta has with alarm.com?

Lutron Technical Support
    You can control individual lights and shades in the Alarm.com app or web portal. You can also trigger scenes from Alarm.com as well.

The big benefit is that when you arm or disarm your system, you can automatically trigger a Welcome or Away scene on the Lutron side. Also, in the event of a break-in you can have all the lights turn on and open all the shades.

Lutron Technical Support
    Here is a PDF of the steps needed to set up Alarm.com with the Caseta system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Likes BruceRPA liked this post
    Thanks Brian! When you say trigger scenes in alarm.com, does that mean that alarm.com can create custom scenes or by scenes, do you mean armed, disarmed and armed stay?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake0508 View Post
    Thanks Brian! When you say trigger scenes in alarm.com, does that mean that alarm.com can create custom scenes or by scenes, do you mean armed, disarmed and armed stay?
    Alarm.com can trigger scenes created in the Lutron app. For example, you can create a Welcome scene in the Lutron app that can be triggered by Alarm.com when you disarm your system.

Thanks Brian! I guess I'm just confused because the guy I spoke to last night from the security company I am looking at said that the Lou Tron system did not technically interface with alarm.com yet. The system he sells his with ago control panel. I don't want to get into a full system it will not integrate with all of my Lutron Caseda switches.

The Go Control panel is made by 2GIG which is a security panel that is supported by Alarm.com. That will integrate with Caseta since it is supported by Alarm.com.

Hi, I have LiveWatch which is partnered with Alarm.com. How Do I connect Lutron Caseta Wireless to trigger a scene with Alarm.com? I logged into my alarm.com account and I dont see any options to select Lutron Integration. Do i need to upgarde my LiveWatch account to HomeAutomation?

You need to be able to add the emPower Energy Package in order to add the Lutron integration. I believe you need to have the Interactive Gold package with Alarm.com to see those options. You'll need to check with LiveWatch or Alarm.com on that.

I am new to Alarm.com and I would like to add my Lutron Caseta lights to the platform. Following the Lutron Caseta Alarm.com Integration Setup Guide v3 (2015) it appears as if the only way I can get to Step 2 "Set Up My System" is by deleting my account and starting over. Is there another way to do this without losing my existing setup. I have 18 Switches added and I really do not wish to have to re-add them. Is there a way to back up my configuration and then do a restore? Am I missing something that would allow me to just keep my existing setup? Thanks for your help!