Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hi-Lume A-Series equivalent for higher wattage loads?

Hi-Lume A-Series equivalent for higher wattage loads?

Hello - have had great success using the A-Series drivers for LED strip lights. However, the load wattage limit is a bit low. Is there an equivalent driver that can handle loads more than 53 watts? I have a job on the radar that has some fairly long strips and if the LED density is high they will really pull some power. Not sure in this case they can do enough intermediate feeds to get the segment wattage down to 53w.

Tx.

Administrator
    Hello metrognomicon, we have just released a 96W LED driver for 24V applications. The model number is L3D0-96W24V-U. Currently there is a 20 day lead time.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products.../Overview.aspx

Thank you. Will there be a version for two-wire fwd/rev phase control? This would be for use in residential settings with QS using standard 4A or 4U modules.

Administrator
    As of this time, there are no plans for a 2-wire version of this driver. Our HomeWorks QS options would include the HQRD-F6AN-DV or EcoSystem with LQSE-2ECO-D, QSGRJ-_E, or QSGR-_E.

I just finished up an install of undercounter LED lightning using this driver on a QS system; we installed a HQRD-F6AN-DV in a closet...works great and the homeowner is thrilled.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jkvossen View Post
    I just finished up an install of undercounter LED lightning using this driver on a QS system; we installed a HQRD-F6AN-DV in a closet...works great and the homeowner is thrilled.
    Glad to hear that this worked out for you.

I am having a similar problem. I have a long line of LED strip lights that I would like to control with my SmartBridge system. One of my LED runs is 4.85 meters long and uses 16.8W / meter, which would be 81.48 Watts total. What would be the proper solution for this?

Would we have to install three 40W Hi-Lume 1% LED drivers onto a PD-10NXD (Caseta MLV Dimmer) output, each with their own 1.6 meter LED strip runs? If we did this, I suspect we would need to ensure the cable lengths from Driver to LED strip are all the same to dim at the same rates, right?

Is there any other ability to use the aforementioned LED Driver (L3D0-96W24V-U) in the same way as the first option, but with a single unit and not connect the control wires? (I suspect the answer is no, but just thought I'd ask to be sure!)

Jeff H.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by haruba View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I have a long line of LED strip lights that I would like to control with my SmartBridge system. One of my LED runs is 4.85 meters long and uses 16.8W / meter, which would be 81.48 Watts total. What would be the proper solution for this?

Would we have to install three 40W Hi-Lume 1% LED drivers onto a PD-10NXD (Caseta MLV Dimmer) output, each with their own 1.6 meter LED strip runs? If we did this, I suspect we would need to ensure the cable lengths from Driver to LED strip are all the same to dim at the same rates, right?

Is there any other ability to use the aforementioned LED Driver (L3D0-96W24V-U) in the same way as the first option, but with a single unit and not connect the control wires? (I suspect the answer is no, but just thought I'd ask to be sure!)

Jeff H.
    Hello Jeff,

Three drivers and a PD-10NXD is probably your easiest solution. The only way to use the L3D0-96W24V-U with Caseta would be to use a PD-10NXD and a PHPM-3F-120-WH interface.